Presented by: Gina Foss & Crystal Policastro
Consensus placemat and role card originals are in your folder.
*Give away-Role Cards
NGSS Activity for 1st Grade
- Plan and conduct investigations to provide evidence that vibrating materials can make sound and that sound can make materials vibrate.
- Sounds Boxes mini lesson/game, center, or chat station
- Rotate with recording sheet what you think is inside
- House of Cards in the Folder
- Read the article
- Using pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks and tape-Design a person and a snowboard
- Share successes and challenges
*Giveaway stem discussion board
*Make and take STEM Roles (Copy in folder)
- ELA STEM Challenges
In Groups of Four- look through the book, find the setting and make it with the legos, Share
- Math Challenges
- STEM Bins® and STEAM Bins are an ideal hands-on solution for early finishers, morning work, centers, fine motor practice, indoor recess, or positive reinforcement of behavior. They are also a creative and developmentally appropriate form of engineering for elementary students.
- STEM Bins Give Away
What is SCI-FRI?
- Integration of Reading, Writing, Math, and Science
- Independent activities
- Center Based
Scientist of the Day
- Lab Coat/Goggles
- Choice Board
- Brag Tag
- Ask Me!
Sample Sci-Fri Lessons
- Moon -science A to Z, brainpopjr.com
- Gingerbread Man
- Upper and lower grades working together
- 2nd/5th STEM buddies building snowball structures
- Family letters/grants
- Egg Drop
Sci-Fri Make and Take
- Reading Notes
- Vocabulary Poster
- Show What you know!
- Reflection Sheets (in folder)
- What Stuck With You Today? -Make and Take