The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
March 31st, 2019
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
It has been a remarkable SPRING and we are heading into the home stretch prior to Spring Break. Please check out our calendar for upcoming events for our amazing school! If I do not see you before, I wish you all a wonderful and safe SPRING BREAK!
- WIND ENSEMBLE CONGRATULATIONS: Our Wind Ensemble travelled to Indianapolis and had an outrageous performance. Our students performed on a national stage with only 6 other middle schools from across the United States. The adjudicators shared that this group of students were unbelievable, and played to a standing ovation for all five pieces. Congratulations to all!
- DISTRICT ART GALLERY - THURSDAY: This Thursday is the annual Joanne Kerekes Art Gallery showcase at SBHS. Please join to celebrate the incredible work of our student artists under the guidance of Mrs. Tracey Dovas.
- SOUP'er NIGHT for JAZZ - FRIDAY: Join us at 7:00pm on Friday, April 5th for the 3rd Soup'er Night for Jazz. This is a collaborative evening to raise money for the HUNGRY BOWL PORJECT. Mrs. Tracey Dovas and Mr. Don Strusz have joined forces once again to share a night of our student jazz musicians, soup from local restaurants, and ceramic bowls made by student artists. All proceeds will go to the South Brunswick Food Pantry.
- APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH: The Autism Awareness Committee has been working hard to plan a month of activities to showcase our #Abilities! This will include "Honest Questions with Honest Answers", awareness announcements, and activities within Family Friday. What are your #Abilities?
- SPRING SPORTS BEGIN THIS WEEK: Thank you to everyone for your patience with after school sports pick-up. We are working on a plan to make the parking a little easier, however the most important tip is to plan ahead and BE PATIENT. Our student's safety is the most important!!
- STATE TESTING BEGINS: Please read your grade-level specific letter details the days for NJSLA. The infrastructure trials will occur this week to test our bandwidth and to provide practice for our students.
- CPR Training for 7th Grade: On Thursday and Friday of this week, all 7th grade students will recieve CPR training in his/her PE classes. This will not certify them, but it will provide an overview of the CPR strategies and techniques.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Now is a great time to open the conversation with your child regarding his/her appropriate use of technology and the digital profile they are creating on social media. Please remind your children that their behavior online holds consequences. Use these tools for good!
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
Please stop by the nurse's office to see if your missing eyeglasses are there. We have tons!!
Celebrating Autism Awareness!
See the #ABILITY withing! Thank you to our FLY kids for creating this awesome bulletin board.
Writing is better together!
Congratulations to Ms. McMahon and her 8th grade writers who partnered with Dr. Greco's 4th grade writers from Cambridge. A very special thank you to our Tech Coach, Mr. Neimis, for bringing these authors together virtually and then in person!
Celebrating Autism Awareness!
Go to this link for a wealth of up-to-date resources from our School Nurses, Jennifer Duvelsdorf & Janice Royer.
- 4/1 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 4/1 - Infrastructure Trial - 6th Grade
- 4/2 - Infrastructure Trial - 7th Grade
- 4/3 - Infrastructure Trial - 8th Grade
- 4/4 - CPR Training - 7th Grade
- 4/4 - DISTRICT Art Gallery @ SBHS 6pm
- 4/5 - CPR Training - 7th Grade
- 4/5 - 'Soup'er NIGHT for Jazz @ South 6-8pm
- 4/8 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 8th Grade
- 4/9 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 8th Grade
- 4/11 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 7th Grade
- 4/12 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 7th Grade
- 4/15 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 6th Grade
- 4/15 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 4/16 - NJSLA TESTING - ELA 6th Grade
- 4/18 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - SPRING BREAK
- 4/19 - 4/21 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
- 4/29 - Welcome Back!
- 4/30 - NJSLA Makeup Testing Only
- 5/1 - 6th Grade Trip
- 5/2 - EARLY RELEASE - School Planning
- 5/6 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 6th Grade
- 5/6 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 5/7 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 6th Grade
- 5/8 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 6th Grade
- 5/9 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 7th Grade (and Algebra 6th/7th)
- 5/9 - PTO Meeting @ North
- 5/10 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 7th Grade (and Algebra 6th/7th)
- 5/13 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 7th Grade
- 5/14 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 8th Grade (and Algebra 8th/Geometry)
- 5/15 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 8th Grade (and Algebra 8th/Geometry)
- 5/16 - NJSLA TESTING - MATH 8th Grade
- 5/17 - SPRING CONCERT - Band @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 5/20 - NJSLA TESTING - SCIENCE 8th Grade
- 5/20 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 5/21 - NJSLA TESTING - SCIENCE 8th Grade
- 5/21 - SPRING CONCERT - Strings @ SOUTH 7:00pm
- 5/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - School Planning
- 5/23 - SPRING CONCERT - Chorus @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 5/27 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- 5/28 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/29 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/30 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/30 - Hershey Luggage Drop Off
- 5/31 - HERSHEY PARK TRIP
- 6/1 - HERSHEY PARK TRIP RETURN
- 6/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 6/4 - NO SCHOOL - Eid al-Fitr
- 6/6 - EARLY RELEASE - School Planning
- 6/6 - 8th Grade - Gettysburg
- 6/7 - 8th Grade - Gettysburg
- 6/14 - 8th Grade Semi-Formal @ SBHS
- 6/17 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 6/19 - PATTERNS ASSEMBLY
- 6/21 - 8th Grade Trip
- 6/24 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 6/25 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - 8th Grade Recognition 3:00pm @ SBHS
- 6/26 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Last Day of School