Wildcat Family News
April 2022 Edition
Wildcat Student Accolades
Wildcat Student of the Month
Term 4 Progress Reports
May AP Testing Schedule
Tuesday, May 3rd, 12:00 PM - AP Psychology
Wednesday, May 4th, 8:00 AM - AP English Literature & Composition
Thursday, May 5th, 12:00 PM - AP Statistics
Friday, May 6th, 8:00 AM - AP US History
Monday, May 9th, 8:00 AM - AP Calculus
Tuesday, May 10th, 8:00 AM - AP English Language & Composition
Wednesday, May 11th, 12:00 PM - AP Biology
Thursday, May 12th, 12:00 PM - AP Physics 1
Grade 10 Math MCAS Information
- Tuesday, May 17th
- Wednesday, May 18th
Students will begin the MCAS test sessions promptly at 7:30 AM. Both sessions are anticipated to last approximately 2 hours. Please note that MCAS is an untimed test. Students requiring additional time will be provided as much time as needed until the end of the school day.
Grade 9 Biology MCAS Information
- Tuesday, June 7th
- Wednesday, June 8th
Students will begin the MCAS test sessions promptly at 7:30 AM. Both sessions are anticipated to last approximately 1.5 hours. Please note that MCAS is an untimed test. Students requiring additional time will be provided as much time as needed until the end of the school day.
Wildcat Athletics and Activities
Spring Sports Updates
Westport's spring sports teams are in full swing, and look to get back on track this week following April vacation. The month of May will be a busy one for our baseball, softball, and tennis teams, as well as our co-op lacrosse and track and field athletes. Please follow our teams on ArbiterLive to keep up to date on schedules and game results. GO WILDCATS!!!
Sophomore Class Fundraiser - May 7th
Blood Drive - May 10th
Mental Health Awareness Month
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month and Julie Love's presentation, we ask all students and staff to wear LIME GREEN on Wednesday, May 11th.
WHS Art Show - May 18th
Junior/Senior Prom - May 27th
PTO, WEF, and Boosters Information
We would like to thank everyone who volunteered and made donations to the middle school dances, they were a HUGE success and enjoyed by all who attended. A special thank you to the teachers who organized the field trips which were supported by the PTO. We are so very grateful for the continued support.
Spring Raffle Ticket Fundraiser: Our FINAL PTO FUNDRAISER of the year is a Raffle Ticket fundraiser. The funds raised directly benefit the middle-high school students. The PTO provides funds for dances, field trips, special events and more. Please help by buying a ticket and sharing the flyer. Click Here to buy tickets online
We need YOU! New Board Members and New Volunteers Needed - Without the support of parents, teachers and the community we can not run a successful PTO. Please consider volunteering your time and talents or consider making a donation to our organization. Every contribution helps! We can’t continue our important work without you!!
Visit our Website for the latest PTO information, updates and links to support our fundraisers, make donations, or to purchase Wildcat mugs, raffle tickets and bracelets.
Mark your calendars for the following upcoming events:
May 1st: 2022 MA Walk Challenge - sign up today and get ready for the October walk/run for Westport organized the Middle-High School PTO, The Westport Council on Aging and The Westport Education Foundation!!
June 1-4th 2022 - 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
The PTO would like to extend our Thanks to Mr. Bernier for running this years trip and to the administrators, teachers and parents supporting him.
June 17, 2022 - 8th Grade Semi-Formal @ Rachel’s Lakesider - more info to come….
If you have questions or need to contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-493-7671.
Best Wishes From The Westport Middle-High School PTO
Hello Westport Community School’s Families, Friends and Supporters,
We hope that this note finds you doing well. We want to Thank You for your support over the past 10 years! Toady we invite you to continue to support the Westport Education Foundation as we enter into the next decade committed and dedicated to enhancing educational opportunities for all Westport Community Schools Students!
Visit our NEW Website for the latest information, applications for grants and scholarships, donation options and to purchase Event Tickets.
The Derby is Back!!! WEF’s annual event is being held Friday, May 6th 2022 at Whites of Westport. For more details, tickets and sponsorship oportunities, please CLICK HERE or call us at 508-493-7671.
2022 MA Walk Challenge - Begins on May 1!!! Sign up HERE and get ready to Walk/Run for Westport!! This challenge is co-sponsored by the WEF, Middle High School PTO and The Freinds of the Council on Aging.
Help us bring all Families, Students, Seniors, and Westport Supporters together for this fantastic event! By signing up today you will be ready for the BIG Event The Walk/Run for Westport 2022 scheduled for October 23, 2022. Watch for more details coming soon!
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Athletic Boosters Information
Hello Everyone and Welcome Spring!!!
The WAB continues to work hard to supply items needed by our sports teams, stipends for team wear, partial payments on Varsity jackets, and scholarships for athletes.
Here are a few notes from the Presidents and Board Members.
- A big Thank You to all who purchased Mattresses at the WAB Mattress Fundraiser!! We raised over $5000!!! Since we did so well we will be awarding 6 Wildcat athletes scholarships this year. We also have other purchases that we are looking into. Thank you to the volunteers who helped us advertise, set up, sell, and cleaned up the day of the fundraiser. The prizes to our Wildcats will be sent home this week in a blue envelope!!
- Varsity Jacket order forms are available in Mr. Pacheco’s office.
- Other Wildcat apparel can be ordered by contacting us in person or through email. WAB offers a $10 stipend per player for team wear approved by coach and Mr. Pacheco.
- We are also looking for new board members and volunteers for next year!!! Join the
- team now and be a Wildcat Volunteer!!
If you are interested or have any questions at all, please reach out to us by email or on
Facebook. Or text Julie at 508-858-6463.
We would love to see you at our next meeting on Monday May 9th at 7PM in the WMHS media
Thank You for your support
Julie DosVais and Laura Chase
Music Boosters Message
Our Middle/High School students are preparing for their Spring Concerts. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, May 23 Chorus Concert, Grades 5-8 @ 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 24 Band Concert, Grades 5-8 and High School @ 6:30 PM
- Admission to both concerts: $3/Adults, $2/Students and Senior Citizens. Anyone who can donate a baked good please contact Mrs. Dufault at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important dates:
- Band: Parade rehearsal: Saturday, May 21st 9am-12pm at the Middle/High School. Please wear sneakers, bring a snack and a water bottle
- Memorial Day Parade: Monday, May 30th 9:30am. Students need to report to Town Hall no later than 8:45am. We are in need of a few parents who are willing to walk with the band and carry a water bottle.
- WES Drama Club will perform “Willy Wonka Kids” on Friday, June 3 @ 6:30 PM and Saturday, June 4 @ 2:30 PM at the Westport Middle/High School auditorium.
- Grades 8-12 Band students will perform at the high school graduation on Saturday, June 11.
Looking Ahead - May 2022
May Information and Events
May 4th - AP English 12 Exam at 8:00 AM
May 5th - AP Statistics Exam at 12:00 PM
May 6th - APUSH Exam at 8:00 AM
May 9th - AP Calculus Exam at 8:00 AM
May 10th - AP English 11 Exam at 8:00 AM
May 11th - Wear Lime Green to Support Mental Health Awareness. There is also a Mental Health Awareness event at 6:30 PM in the WMHS Auditorium.
May 12th - AP Physics Exam at 12:00 PM
May 17th - Grade 10 Math MCAS Session 1
May 18th - Grade 10 Math MCAS Session 2
May 18th - WHS Art Show at 6:00 PM
May 23rd - Spring Choral Concert at 6:00 PM in the WMHS Auditorium
May 24th - Spring Band Concert at 6:00 PM in the WMHS Auditorium
May 27th - Junior/Senior Prom from 6:00-10:00 PM at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett
May 30th - NO SCHOOL due to Memorial Day
Looking Ahead - Senior Planning
Senior Finals and Last Day of Classes
Senior final exams will be administered during the first two blocks of school on June 1st and June 2nd. Senior exams must be completed within the 85-minute block because classes are still occurring for grades 9-11. There is no special final exam schedule containing extended exam blocks or a release day option for the Senior final exam days. Please note the following schedule below:
- June 1st - final exams may be administered to Seniors during C block and D block.
- June 2nd - final exams may be administered to Seniors during A block and B block.
- June 3rd - last day of school for Seniors. All outstanding obligations, including making up final exams, submitting missing coursework, returning textbooks, etc., must be resolved by 2:00 PM today.
Boatbuilding Launch - Save the Date
Senior Week - June 6th-10th
Please note the following event dates:
- Tuesday, June 7th - Athletics Awards Night, at 6:00 PM
- Thursday, June 9th - Scholarship Night, at 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 10th - Senior Breakfast and Graduation Rehearsal, at 7:45 AM