Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
September 16, 2022
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- Don't forget about Instrumental Rental Night which is tonight at 6:30 at BSE. If your child is interested in instrumental lessons and you have not yet returned your paperwork, please do so as soon as possible as the lesson schedule is currently being put together. Please reach out to Mr. Green with any questions you may have.
- Be sure to check out all the events happening next Wednesday...We've dubbed it the Colrain Community Celebration!
- I'm happy to introduce our new custodian, Mike Beausoleil, or Mr. Mike as the kids call him. Mike joined our staff this week and we're very happy to have him on staff.
Join us on Wednesday September 21st for our Colrain Community Celebration!
While attending Open House, view your child's entry and ribbons in the Harvest Fair, pick up your Fall Mums, enjoy a grinder meal for your family by the PTO, and checkout the new apparel swag: winter hats, t-shirts and sweatshirts, specially made to show your school pride!
Fall Mum Fundraiser- If you have not yet ordered mums and would like to, you can do so using the link below. Orders will be accepted until 9/18.
Pick-up your mums on Wednesday 9/21 between 5pm-7pm.
Harvest Fair- Use the link below to check out the categories and start thinking of entries!
Supper at Open House
As a special event, the PTO will be offering the opportunity to order grinders, and soup/sandwich combos for families to pre-order for supper on the evening of Wednesday September 21st, Open House. Caregivers, don't worry about rushing through supper the attend Open House, pre-order with the PTO and enjoy a family fun evening!
Meal Deal options include:
Turkey grinder with chips and a cookie $8
Ham grinder with chips and a cookie $8
Veggie grinder with chips and a cookie $8
Grilled Cheese with chips and a cookie $5
Tomato soup will be available as an add on. $3
The expression "Many hands make light work" is so true and we need your help! If you have any time you can help (even if it's only a half an hour) we can use it! We will be busy from 3:00-7:30 that night so any time you have available during that afternoon/evening will be greatly appreciated. The PTO supports students/staff/school community in many ways. Thank you for helping us to do so!
From Mr. Green
Hi Colrain families,
Welcome back to another exciting year! I just wanted to remind everyone that Gerry’s music will be hosting their musical instrument rental night at Buckland Shelburne Elementary school on Friday, September 16 at 6:30 pm. Just in case you are unable to attend, I’ll include some additional info here:
3 Easy Ways to Rent!!
1. Come to the rental meeting on September 16th, at 6:30 pm at Buckland Shelburne El! 2. Visit us online at www.gerrysmusicshop.com. Click on the Rental Link.
3. Call 1-800-724-7402 for assistance.
Thank you, and have a great year everyone!
save the date!
9/16: Instrumental Rental Night @ BSE 6:30pm
9/18: PTO mum orders due
9/21: Mum pickup, Harvest Fair, Food sale
9/21: Open House 6:00 pm
September early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 9/21, 9/28