Teacher/Staff: January, 29, 2021
Update: We did have our isolation room inspection on Thursday (full 40 minutes!) and I am happy to report that the District Covid Coordinator, Kateland Weighall, and a district nurse, Amanda Sessoms, gave us a positive rating--they said it's "great!" best they've seen so far--woohoo!
If you have any questions or concerns in the coming weeks, please call, text, or email me. We will not have a staff meeting or site PD until the end of February and I would hate for you to sit on something that is on your mind until then!
I hope you have a relaxing weekend.
My Schedule: February 1-5 (as of 1/29)
Monday, January 25
- 8:00-8:30: Classroom visits
- 8:30-9:30: Covid Mtg
- 10:30-12:00: Elementary Principal Mtg
- 1:00-1:30: Kinder support mtg
- 8:00-9:00 Classroom visits
- 9:00-9:30: Lexia Check-in with Rep
- 11:00-11:30: Teacher mid-year eval mtg
- 12:30-1:00: Teacher mid-year eval mtg
- 1:00-1:30: Teacher mid-year eval mtg
- 3:15-4:30: Weekly Principal Mtg
Wednesday, January 20
- 10:30-11:30: Elementary Planning Mtg
- 12:30-1:30: SST
- 2:30-3:30: Leadership Team Mtg
Thursday, January 21
- 8:00-9:00 Classroom visits
- 10:00-10:45: NED Assembly
- 11:00-12:00: Lead teacher mtg
- 1:00-2:00: SST
- 6:00-8:00: DELAC
Friday, January 22
- 8:00-10:00: Full of Potential Mtg
Please remember that Rosie has daily drop-in teacher support for anyone who needs it from 1:30-2:30 (Meeting id: 850 1667 2682; password: dolphin)
- This week, February 1-5, I will be visiting KA/K classrooms.
- Please remember, these visits are non-evaluative--I'm just hopping on to see the kiddos.
- If there is ever something you would like me to look for during a class Zoom that you are wondering about or would like another set of eyes on, please let me know. I'm happy to help.
Dr. Herrington passed on these resources for students' emotional well-being
As you well know, the children in our community have additional stressors adapting to remote learning and being distanced from friends. And children can be especially susceptible to emotional issues during times of high stress, without the necessary tools to manage through.
RCU has partnered with social/emotional learning expert and author of Confident Parents, Confident Kids Jennifer Miller, M.Ed, to create some free videos for children grades TK-8. These videos are designed to help children and their respective support networks understand their emotions so they can make positive choices.
Three videos are now available. Each is tailored to a specific age group including: 1) kindergarten through second grade, 2) grades three through five, and 3) grades six through eight. Spanish language subtitles are available for all videos.
Additionally, for high school students, RCU has partnered with NAMI Sonoma County to create a free video designed to help youth and their support networks understand their emotions so they can make positive choices. The video is geared to students in grades 9-12 and is now available here.
We hope these videos help us all relate to one another more positively and empower children and young adults to effectively conquer any challenges that come their way.
Tier 2 Team Request: Data from 1/19-22
Good news! We dropped from 44 kids on the list to 25! Let's keep those numbers dropping!
This list shows kids who have missed 3-5 days in a given week.
The doc is below but here is the LINK as well.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or think that you have been exposed to the virus, please contact your healthcare provider for medical guidance and begin to self-quarantine for the safety of others.
As an SRCS employee, we expect the following communication from you.
Contact your supervisor and provide any documentation you have received in regard to your exposure or diagnosis, if you:
are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
are awaiting my COVID-19 test results
tested positive for COVID-19
have been identified as a close contact
think you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Your supervisor will then contact the COVID-19 Coordinator.
- The COVID-19 Coordinator and/or a District Nurse/LVN will contact you for further information and provide feedback to you regarding your possible quarantine.
- Your HR Technician will contact you regarding leave entitlements and entering your absences into the Frontline system.
This calendar reflects the updated assessments for our district. Additionally, the state is indicating that we will be doing CAASPP testing this year.