OWL About 2G
April 1, 2016
Reminders from Mrs. Grimenstein...
- Report Cards available on Genesis Monday, April 4th.
- Follow our class on Instagram: @thatsgrimtastic
- Google Drive: Weekly photos posted "Pictures 2015-2016" labeled with dates for each week. Feel free to browse through the drive, but please be careful not to edit or delete anything. The directions on how to access our account are posted on eBoard. Here is our account information for quick reference: email: firstname.lastname@example.org password: 2Grocks (please note that we do NOT use this email account for any other purpose- please do not send any email to this account.
Science: Mixtures By Brandon
Reader's CAFE By Alexander and Mrs. Grimenstein
This week we read The Signmaker's Assistant by Ted Arnold. Students used text and graphic features to help comprehen the text at a higher level. They were especially excited to make "silly signs" on Friday. Here's a note about this by Alexander:
This week in school we made funny signs,like,smash your phone and buy a shark and all another crazy signs that will make people do crazy stuff. It was also fun because we got to pin it up on the wall. I thought it was super fun. Would you like to do this in your school?
Writer's Workshop By Emma
Math By Mimi by Olivia
This week in school in math we did addition basketball.This is how it works.You need 10 people 5 people one team .Team one goes first,everyone in team one rolls three dice.You add up every ones sum.Then do the same thing with team tow.Whoever has the highest sum wins the round.But at the end you add up every ones sum whichever team has the highest sum at the end wins the game.I know that you might not like basketball but you might like this kind. ~Mimi
This week in school we learned a new math game called Basketball Addition. I
got to roll the dice on the smartboard and add up the score . Also I got to write it on the
board.Another thing I got to do was pick sticks for kids to come up and Roll and Write.
I love this game because you can play with a partner. I love Basketball Addition! ~Olivia
Here's a link to the record sheet if you want to play at home:
For Your Calendar
- 4/4 Report Cards Available in Genesis, Grades 1-5, 330 PM
- 4/6 Salad Bar, 1150-1240
- 4/8 Bookworms Due
- 4/14 School Store, 1150-1240
- 4/15 Gifted Nomination Forms Due to Office-See Haddon E-News
- 4/22 Student Profiles Due-See Haddon E-News
- 4/22 2G Field Trip to Greenfield Hall- walking trip
- 4/19-4/27 PARCC Testing, Grades 3-5
- 4/28 Take Your Child To Work Day
- 4/28 Community Meeting, 10AM
- 4/28 School Store, 1150-1240
- 4/29 PARCC Testing, Grades 3-5