To Ask Their Own Questions
OPEN TO ALL K-12 TEACHERS
October 20th, 1:00 pm-4:30 pm,
Quincy School District Transportation Department,
721 F Street SE, Quincy, WA
Cost: $25 - Clock hours are available
Presented by Carol Bowers and Lori Jenkins
Question Formulation Technique (QFT) A simple, powerful, easy-to-adopt strategy that results in greater student engagement and deeper learning. This strategy builds critical thinking skills and student ownership of learning. Student assuming responsibility for their learning is a hallmark of distinguished teaching and an important skill in Common Core aligned classrooms.
Here are some of things that you will learn...
* Description of the Question Formulation Technique
* The importance of the Question Focus
* Rules for producing questions
* Developing two different types of questions: open and closed
* Categorizing and prioritizing questions
* Implementing the QFT within your subject or grade