Powers of the President (Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities)
-As Chief Diplomat the president has the power to direct foreign policy and make an executive agreement.
- As Party Leader the president has the power select his party's national chairperson and help raise money and funds for his party.
- As Chief Executive the president has the power to be in charge of the 15 cabinet departments and also issue an executive order.
- As Commander-in-Chief the president has the power to order American soldiers into battle.
- As Legislative Leader the president has the power to sign bills into law and give an annual State of Union Address.
- As Head of State the president has the power to represent America at special occasions/ceremonies and act as a living symbol of the United States.
- As economic leader the president has the power to deal with unemployment rates, inflation, and high taxes. The president can also plan the federal government's budget every year.
- Use of Camp David and a fleet of special cars, helicopters, and airplanes