Elective Course Registration
Dear Falcon Famlies,
- Please click here to access the 7th Grade and 8th Grade elective cards. Please make sure that you select the correct one, as the 1st page is 7th and the 2nd page is 8th.
- Students will make their selections following the given directions. Please do not select the same courses for Alternates as you did for your Top 2 Choices. You will be placed in a course that you did not select.
- Make sure to select the classes that you want to take. It will be difficult to adjust schedules once they are finalized.
- After the elective card has been signed by both the parent and the student, you will need to submit it to the student's homebase teacher. If your student is remote, you can scan it and send it in an email.
How to access Class Registration in PowerSchool
Click here or do a search for “NCEdCloud” and select the link that is provided. The top of the page will say “RapidIdentity,” and “NCEdCloud.” You can also go to Murray’s Webpage, place your arrow over “Parents” and then select “PowerSchool.” Next, go to the bottom right of the page and select “Student Sign In.” This will take you to the same site described.
Students will need to enter their username - (student number) and their password - Murray2019. It is possible that your student has changed their password. If they don’t remember what their password is, then they will have to contact their homeroom teacher.
You are now given a selection of Applications to choose from. Select the one with the icon that, looks like the picture shown to the right, and says "PowerSchool Student."
Click on “Class Registration” on the left hand side of the screen.
Once Inside Class Registration
You will notice that the right hand side of the screen has some green check marks and red exclamation points next to a pencil icon. The green check marks indicate an area that you may not need to enter a course. The red exclamation points let you know that you have some work to do.
You will also notice that Health & PE is already selected for you. All students are required to take Health & PE, so no changes need to be made here.
Band, Orchestra, Or Chorus (YEAR LONG ELECTIVES) ***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY***
There is a green check mark in this section. If you ARE NOT planning on taking Band, Orchestra, or Chorus, then skip this step and move on to the “Electives” section.
If you ARE going to take Band, Orchestra, or Chorus, then please continue with reading this section’s instructions because this is an area where a mistake may be made.
Select the pencil icon next to the green checkmark.
Select the course that you wish to enroll in and click on “Okay.” You will see the course appear in this section on the Class Registration screen.
If you made a mistake, then don’t worry. Click on the pencil icon and fix any mistakes that you made and click on “Okay.”.
Please see the course descriptions below to gain a better understanding of these offerings.
If you skipped the section above, then you will need to select 3 electives from this section, by clicking on the pencil icon. Once you have selected your courses, then click on “Okay.” You will see the courses appear in this section on the Class Registration Screen.
If you made a mistake, then don’t worry. Click on the pencil icon and fix any mistakes that you made and then click on “Okay.”
If you entered a Year Long Elective from the “Band, Orchestra, or Chorus” section, then you will only need to select 1 elective from the list provided.
Once you have selected the appropriate number of electives, you will see a green check mark next to the pencil icon.
In this section, you will need to choose 2 alternate electives.
- Do not choose an elective that you selected in the step above. These alternates are used if your choices above cannot be accommodated. If you choose alternates that are the same as your requested electives, then it is likely that you will be placed in an elective that is not your choice, and this will not be able to be adjusted at the beginning of the year.
Family Life Education
Click on the pencil icon to read a detailed descriptions of these classes.
If you do not want to take one of these classes, then select “No Family Life Program,” and then click on “Okay.”
If you do want to take one of these classes, then select the appropriate class, and then click on “Okay.”