August 10, 2020
A Message from the Principal
We look forward to an exciting year ahead and value the partnership in your child’s educational journey.
Mrs. Traci Haley
iPad and Material Pick Up
In addition, elementary students who picked up an iPad from the St. Vrain Community Center in the spring will continue to use this device. We will also be providing other materials that will enhance learning experiences while in the remote environment.
Longmont Estates will have a drive through iPad and Materials pickup on Thursday, August 13th from 8:00am-3:00pm. In an effort to comply with social distancing regulations, we will have student belongings bagged, labeled and ready for pick up. We ask you to stay in your vehicle as you drive through the Hug-and-Go Lane and staff will assist you there.
To support student learning and access to the internet during school closures due to the coronavirus health crisis, St. Vrain Valley Schools has created community WiFi hotspots. Location information can be found on the district website here.
Families without internet access at home who qualify can also apply for assistance to help cover the cost. Your school office can give you more information on the following options:
- City of Longmont Share the NextLight - Free for qualifying families of students who live in Longmont.
- Comcast Internet Essentials (En Español) - $10 per month access for qualifying families who live in an area served by the company.
- T-Mobile Hotspot loaner program - Available at no cost to qualifying families served by the McKinney-Vento program.
Thursday, August 13th
iPad and Materials Pick up
Monday, August 17th
Kindergarten Assessment Day (by appointment)
Tuesday, August 18th
First Day of Online Learning 1st-5th
Kindergarten Assessment Day (by appointment)
Wednesday, August 19th
Thursday, August 20th
First Day of Online Learning- Preschool
First Day of Online Learning- Kindergarten
Full-Day Childcare for K-5th grades
To better support our teachers, staff, and families as we return to school with an online learning model, Community Schools is expanding care options. Space may be limited, so register as soon as possible.
- The hours are from 7 am to 6 pm.
- Registration fees will be waived for Full-Day Childcare for the first semester.
- Students will be expected to bring their iPads or other class materials to access their remote/online learning. Staff will be able to support students with their online learning.
- The cost of this care is $30 per day. A sliding scale is available for families experiencing financial difficulties, please contact your site program manager or 303-702-7914 with questions.
- Our goal is to continue to offer cohorts for this care.
- Please visit stvrain.revtrak.net
- Step 1: Scroll through to your school of attendance to review your options.
- Step 2: This is the step when families pick their child’s attendance dates per month.
Virtual Back to School Night
2020 Elementary Supply List
Given that we are starting the year with online learning, you do not need to immediately purchase most of the items on the supply list. Until we return to face-to-face instruction, please ensure that your child has basic supplies such as: notebooks, pencils, crayons, scissors and glue.
If you are concerned about being able to buy school supplies for your children this year, Crayons to Calculators is here to help! Crayons to Calculators, a collaboration among area non-profit organizations, is a community-wide school supply drive for students in need. Crayons to Calculators is focused on ensuring that all students in St. Vrain Valley public schools begin school with the supplies they need to succeed.
Backpacks will be available on our iPad and Materials pick up day (Thursday, August 13) and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Communication at LEES
- Electronic newsletters, both all-school and individual teacher
- E-mail updates sent from the school office
- School website lees.svvsd.org
- Take-Home Folders
- Planners (3rd, 4th and 5th)
To ensure that you receive all communication from LEE, please inform the office of any changes in address, email or phone number throughout the year.
St. Vrain Valley Schools has implemented a number of protocols to ensure that students continue to receive nutritious meals during school closures while maintaining high standards for health and safety.
Longmont Estates will offer a curbside meal program. Student meals will be served from 11-12:30 Monday through Friday and a sack lunch and breakfast will be offered daily.
A student ID number will be needed to pick up meals at the curbside stops. Meals will be "no charge" for any student who qualifies for the 2020-21 free and reduced meal program and all other student meals will cost $5.00 for lunch and breakfast for the following day.
Families may complete a new free and reduced lunch application at https://www.myschoolapps.com for this school year. Paper applications will also be available during our iPad and Materials pick up.