SMCPS Update December 4
Update for St. Mary's County Public Schools Families
Updates for the St. Mary's County Public Schools Community
Upcoming School System Calendar Dates:
- December 11: Two Hour Early Dismissal: Instructional day ends two hours early - No School for Head Start and PreK Students - End of Interim Period - Professional Responsibilities - Head Start and PreK Parent Involvement Activities
- December 21 - January 1: Winter Break - No School for Students and 10-11 Month Employees.
- January 4: Schools reopen.
Upcoming Dates- January 2021 Return to School Schedule
- Monday, January 4, 2021 Students in SAIL and COMPASS: Students in these programs will continue with their regular schedule with in-person instruction being delivered each school day (Monday-Thursday). They will remain in this 4 day/week schedule throughout the following phases as well.
- Monday, January 11, 2021: Head Start and PreK will return with AM and PM sessions- for in-person instruction Monday-Thursday. Grades K, 1, 6, 9, and 12 will begin the hybrid model with in-person instruction 2 days per week with the A group attending Monday and Wednesday and the B group attending Tuesday and Thursday. Fridays will remain an online workday with dedicated office hours and opportunities for intervention and enrichment as well as professional development and instructional planning.
- Monday, January 25, 2021: All grades, K-12, will begin in-person instruction 2 days per week with the A group attending Monday and Wednesday and the B group attending Tuesday and Thursday. Fridays will remain an online workday with dedicated office hours and opportunities for intervention and enrichment as well as professional development and instructional planning. Head Start and PreK will continue with AM and PM sessions- for in-person instruction Monday-Thursday.
Student Information and Impact Aid Forms
Each year we ask all parents to update your contact information on the Emergency Information Form and complete the Federal Impact Aid form. St. Mary's County Public School System is entitled to receive funds from the federal government for the operation of schools. The funding is based on an accurate count of students whose parents or guardians work on federal property. All of the information collected is strictly confidential. Please take time to access and complete the combined form, which can be located online in the Home Access Center(HAC), where directions to access the online form are provided for your convenience.
Should you have any questions regarding this form, please contact your child’s school. Thank you for your cooperation with this important task to ensure we have updated contact information and gain the maximum funds for your child’s education.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our primary focus. Working with the St. Mary's County Health Department, SMCPS has the following protocols in place for student and staff safety when entering school buildings.
- Hand Washing: Promoting frequent hand washing throughout the day, especially before and after meals.
- Physical Distancing: Emphasizing increased spacing in the building and in classrooms with fewer students in spaces, including a hybrid A/B schedule.
- Cleaning: Cleaning and disinfecting facilities, buses, with an emphasis on frequently touched areas.
- Face Coverings: Wearing masks during the school day and on buses.
- Hand Sanitizer: Providing hand sanitizer and hand sanitizing stations, as appropriate, with at building entrances and in classrooms and shared spaces.
- Training: Providing ongoing training on COVID-19 prevention practices, including social distancing and face-covering use. Signage and ongoing communication will supplement and reinforce training.
For additional information regarding SMCPS health and safety protocols, visit https://www.smcps.org/ss/health-and-safety.