Walt Whitman Elementary
Weekly Communicator 2/1/2016 to 2/5/2016
- Thank you to everyone who made the Legislative Breakfast a huge Success! We have a great team!!!!
- We had lots of growth during this round of the SRI test:
- 3rd-6th grade students increased reading proficiency from 14% to 21% and decrease the number of students scoring Below Basic from 53% to 40%!!!!
- 3rd Grade increased proficiency from 17% to 21%!!
- 4th grade increased proficiency from 7% to 16%!!
- 5th grade increased from 26% to 29%
- 6th grade increased from 9% to 15%!!!!
- Great work Ms. Roselle and her 'National Cheer a Student on and IEP Day'!!! Lots of growth in reading by Ms. Roselle's students!
- Ms. Chilcoat's classes grew over 7,000 pts. on their SMI and Mrs. Mendenhall's classes grew 2,095 lexile points!!!
- Congrats 3rd Grade (95.5%) and 6th grade (97%)! You met or exceeded our weekly attendance goal!
- This week is School Counselor's Week!!!
Baby Hornet Happenings
2. We will have a staff meeting in the library on Monday, Feb. 1st at 3:15.
3. The SRI/SMI window closes Friday, Feb. 5th so make sure everyone in grades 3rd-6th and 4th - 6th have taken both assessments.
4. This week is PK Round Up!
5. Whitman Pom Squad and Choir will be performing at Asbury on Thursday, Feb. 4th.
6. Friday, February 5th is our 'First Friday' celebrations. PK to 2nd Student of the Month Assembly will be held from 9:00-9:30 and 3rd-6th will be from 9:30 to 10:00.
7. Progress reports go out on February 4th. Please make sure your grade books are current and correct!
Dates to remember:
- MAP/MPG testing window Feb. 8th to 19th
- Writing Test Feb. 23rd to 25th