Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Happy Mother's Day!
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: May 11th @ 5PM - This is an EARLY meeting! Meet at 5, if possible! We will be learning about flowers and plants, and what is good to grow here in Utah. Then we will be planting at the church! Wear clothes that can get dirty!
- Upcoming events:
- May 7th - Saturday Sing-Along in Draper
- May 14th - Family Camping
- June 1st - End of the Year Celebration & Picnic
Sing Along @ Draper Amphitheatre, 944 E Vestry Rd, Draper, UT 84020
Cost: $5 (REDUCED!) per girl. This covers a patch (if you RSVPd on Facebook) and a snack. Bring this with you to the event! If you have already paid Lori, she will take care of paying for your scout!
Bring: Girls can brink a blanket to sit on, but no chairs please.
We will be singing "English Sparrow" (Oh, I wish I was a little piece of orange...) and "Found a Peanut."
Family Camping Trip @ Granite Flats Campground
When: May 14th
Time: The site opens at 2 and we have to clean up by 1 on Sunday
Where: Granite Flats Campground, past Timpanogos Cave
Cost: $25 per family to help cover the cost of the group site, dinner and breakfast. Please let Lori know you are coming by May 11th, and get the $25 to her so we can plan for the meals accordingly.
This is NOT an official Girl Scout camping trip. Lori has reserved a group camping spot, and we have invited families we know (that's you!).
We will have 5 (or so) "stations" set up during the afternoon with activities you can do with your kids. These are NOT going to be supervised (and some of them MUST be supervised activities!). The materials and instructions will be provided, and can be completed as desired. (Planned activities: build a pizza box solar oven to make s'mores, paint a fairy bottle, make a tin can lantern, create a constellation keychain, and rock painting.)
The Juniors will be cooking dinner.
That evening we will sing some songs around a campfire.
Brownies will be helping with breakfast.
Then we will have a scavenger hunt or similar activity before we clean up to go home.
We hope this can be a fun activities for families to get the camping season started.
June 1st - Potluck & End of the Year Celebration
2015- 2016 Daisy Schedule
May 7, 2016 Sing Along at the Draper Amphitheater
May 11, 2016 Plant Flowers at the Church (Scouts starts at 5 p.m. this day)
WHOLE GROUP: FAMILY CAMP OUT May 14 (each family camps on own)
May 18, 2016 OPEN
May 25, 2016 OPEN
June 1, 2016 Last Day of scouts for the school year
June 4, 2016 Seven Peaks Water Park Celebration for Girls who Sell Enough Cookies
The Juniors will be planning the dinner they will help to make at our camping trip. If they have a favorite camping recipe or a new one they want to try, have them bring it this coming week. Otherwise, we are going to take a few minutes to look through some cookbooks to decide what they will be making!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email email@example.com), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!