September 28, 2015
September 28-30--Reading MAP Testing
October 12-No School-Holiday
October 12- Parent Teacher Conferences--Signups will be sent home at a later date
October 22- Literacy Night 6-7pm
In the Classroom
Language Arts-Review the letters and sounds Mm and Aa.
Vocabulary-celebrate, change, eager, occasion, relative
High Frequency Words- I, can, we, the
Math- Number 5, number order
- Please make sure that homework is returned by Friday.
- Homework is meant to teach responsibility (taking home and returning an assignment).
- If your child is unable to do the homework (formation of letters/numbers you may make these in yellow highlighter and have your child trace them.)
- Homework must be completed in PENCIL. If coloring is in the directions please use crayons only. No markers. Please check quality of your child's work.
Students will be taking Math MAP test on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child has a good night sleep and eats a good breakfast.
For more information about MAP testing click on the link below.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are Monday, October 12th.
- You will be receiving an email from SignUpGenius this week.
- Parents need to sign up for conferences through this website.
Rasor Elementary is looking for parent volunteers
- Attend three evening meetings with the superintendent or other key staff to learn about programs, issues, initiatives and accomplishments. This year’s dates are: Thursday, October 8; Wednesday, February 3; and the final date is Thursday, April 14, 2016.
- Share information from the meetings with other parents and school staff.
- Key Communicators will work with the principal to determine appropriate avenues of communications at our campus.
- Communicate district news and initiatives, which will vary from year to year, but could involve election information, Education Foundation programs, legislative issues and district planning.
- Receive occasional mailings from the district.
- Facilitate balanced and factual communications. Candidates should be open, positive and committed to sharing information with others by using a factual, fair and balanced approach.