for Collaborative Conversations and Independent Practice
Why Use Google Classroom?
There are so many reasons why you should use Google Classroom! Here's just a few:
- It's Free!!!
- There is no extra username or password for you or your students to remember.
- You can control when the students post, comment, or respond to a discussion.
- The Conversation can continue OUTSIDE of class.
- The Discussion can be graded.
- Google Classroom is SUPER EASY to use!
To create a question, the teacher needs to click on the + button, and select Create question.
Ask Your Question
Pose a question on the first line, then add any additional directions to the second line. There is a an optional due date the teacher can set. Then click Ask.
Determine whether you want the students to reply to one another or be able to edit their own submissions.
Click Ask. Then Check Results.
The teacher can monitor the conversation, mute students as needed, or discontinue the conversation when complete.
Helpful Hint 1: Teacher Side of Google Classroom Discussion
Google Classroom Discussion Tutorial
Helpful Hint 2: Student Side of Google Classroom Discussion
Google Classroom - Discussion