2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
September 22, 2017 - Issue #7
- Mrs. Boyles (PPCD)
- Ms. De Silva
- Mrs. Rowin
- Mrs. Kannmacher
- Mrs. Williams (100)
- Mrs. Ballard
- Mrs. Arredondo
- Mrs. Outlaw
- Mrs. Jimenez
- Mrs. Hernandez
- Ms. Bingham
- Ms. Baker
Our school-wide total is 2600!
Grade Level Totals:
First Grade: 800
Second Grade: 600
Third Grade: 450
Football Players and Cheerleaders!
Cheerleader Paige Stallcup helps a student in Mrs. Arredondo's class get HoCo game ready by getting his face painted.
Mrs. Williams' 1st grade class gets to play Bingo with William Robinson and Madi Jackson.
PK loves hearing a story read by a cheerleader Maria Armstrong.
Cheerleaders, Abby Nichols and Kendall Tuggle, help Mrs. Rowin's class with face painting.
Mallory Webb and Darin DiDonato play games with our littlest Viking fans in Mrs. Boyle's PPCD class.
Clayton Leggett works on a special birthday message for a student's birthday in Mrs. Walker's class.
Front Drive Reminders
G/T Referrals for Students in Grades 1-12
Parents of students in grades 1-12 who consent to having their child screened for the
Lago Vista ISD Gifted and Talented Education Program should complete a referral form and return it the student's school by October 2nd. Note: Parent consent is obtained each spring for all kindergarten students, so referrals for G/T screening are not accepted for students in kindergarten.
To access the referral form, please visit the Lago Vista ISD Gifted & Talented website at http://www.lagovistaisd.net/default.aspx?name=curr.ins_GT.
Fall Meeting for G/T Parents
Join us for our Fall G/T Parent Meeting! This is a chance to meet our staff, learn about the program and services, and get important parent information and resources. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 25th from 6:30-7:30 in Viking Hall. See you there!
1st and 3rd Grade Hearing/Vision Screening - Friday, September 29th
Fall Festival News
Plans are well underway for the Fall Family Festival so be sure to mark your calendars for Friday, Nov. 3rd from 5pm to 8pm.
Details will be forthcoming soon!
Committee Volunteers are now needed – if interested, please email Becky Richardson at email@example.com.
Box Tops Contest
UIL 2018 Pep Rally
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Playing a math game of ordering numbers with Ms. Voisinet
Using the pond in the courtyard to find examples of the water cycle. Students are using iPads to take pictures of the examples they find.
Showing Viking Spirit by sporting some CRAZY hair!
Mrs. Melissa Ballard - First Grade
1. Where are you from originally?
Taylor TX- I was a Taylor DUCK
2. How long have you been teaching?
22 years- This is my 15th year in Lago Vista
3. Tell us about your family...
I am married to Tony Ballard and he builds football fields and sports fields for schools all over Texas. I have 5 children that all attend or have attended Lago Vista ISD. Dee, Troy, Rowdy, Kennedy and Colt. (4 boys and 1 tough girl)
4. What are your favorite hobbies and favorite animal? Do you have a favorite dinosaur?
My hobbies are cooking, reading, and spending time with my children. My favorite animal is my dog. My favorite dinosaur is the Sinraptor. (look it up- pretty cool dino)
5. What is your favorite part about your job?
I look forward to coming to work every day for a new adventure. I love when a child comes to me and says "Mrs. Ballard I can read now", it makes my heart so happy. My job is always fun and there is never ever a dull moment. I enjoy how much the kids love to learn every day. I also like that I get to learn new things all the time. Teaching is not a job to me it is my life.
Theresa Davis - Paraprofessional
1. I was born and raised in Dallas,TX and have 7 siblings! I attended Stephen F. Austin State University and Fuller Theological Seminary. I will ALWAYS be a Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fan!
2. Teaching is my calling and so I have been teaching through many different avenues for years. This is my second year as a Special Education Paraprofessional in LVISD. I started my public school teaching career 9 years ago in Frisco ISD.
3. My family is large and crazy, busy! My husband and I have 4 adult children and 3 grandchildren. We enjoy a lot of family time and traveling together. We are an animal loving family with lots of dogs. Most of us recently moved to the Hill Country together, which has been our dream come true!
4. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, swimming, horseback riding and hiking with my daughters and grandson.
5. I love my job and count it a privilege to work with your wonderful children everyday. It is really fun and challenging to get to know and teach students of all ages and abilities. My favorite part of working with children is their sense of humor, imagination and energy!!!
Character Trait of the Month - Responsibilty
- Do what you are supposed to do;
- Plan ahead;
- Persevere: keep trying!;
- Always do your best;
- Use self-control;
- Be self-disciplined;
- Think before you act - consider the consequences;
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes;
- Set a good example for other;
- Understand your actions and words matter
Students will learn more about Responsibility in Guidance with Mrs. Sexton!
Weekly Attendance Goal
Weekly Attendance for week of September 21st:
- 97.06%- We met our goal for the second week in a row! Way to go Vikings! Not only did we meet our campus goal, but 3 grade levels also had at least 97% attendance for the week.
Grade Level Totals:
Kindergarten: 98.35% - Way to Kinder for increasing your attendance percentage 3% in one week AND meeting our weekly goal!
First Grade: 98.22% - Awesome job meeting our weekly goal for the 3rd week!
Second Grade: 96.10%
Third Grade: 97.06% - Fantastic job - met our weekly goal for the 2nd week in a row!
Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- September 27th: UIL Pep Rally for 2nd and 3rd Grades during lunches
- September 29th: 1st and 3rd Grade Vision and Hearing Screening
- October 4th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Community Room
- October 13th: Football Players, Cheerleaders Visit
- October 13th: 1st Grade goes to LVHS Pep Rally
- October 13th: Running of the Vikings
- October 23rd-27th: Red Ribbon Week - daily themes coming soon
- October 26th: Transportation Changes for Early Release due on or before 4:00 pm
- October 27th: Early Release at 11:30 am - No transportation changes are accepted on Early Release days
- October 27th: Parent Teacher Fall Conferences - be on the lookout for sign ups from teachers coming soon
- October 27th: Football Players, Cheerleaders Visit