April 17, 2017
Thank Yous and Celebrations
Thank you all for your openness and honesty regarding Morning Meetings!
Specialists, thank you for a super fun Ice Breaker!
Thank you SEL Pilot Group for your testimonials at the staff meeting!
Andi, thank you for leading the staff in a restorative circle during our staff meeting!
Laura Beth, what an amazing choir concert! Thanks for performing for our school!
Thank you for our weekly eNews, Kim!
SPED Department, thank you for continuing your CPI training last week!
Thank you to Becky, Johnny, and Krysta for volunteering to help at this weekend's Job Fair!
Help Needed @ the PISD Job Fair!
- April 19 - TL Meeting
- April 22 - PISD Job Fair 9:00-noon @ Plano West Senior High
- April 26 - IWK Meetings, Bethany Bear Beginnings at 5:30 pm
- April 27 -1st Grade Music Program at 6:30 pm; Progress Reports go home
- April 28 - Tier 2 Documentation due to Erin; Color Run at 5:15 pm
- May 1-5 - Scholastic BOGO Book Fair
- May 1 - Monday morning Assembly; Morning Meetings Begin!
- May 3 - TL Meeting
- STAAR-Alt testing continues.
- Wish List items and Grade level purchases due by April 21!
Looking for Professional Development to Satisfy your 7.5 Personal Flex Hours? Here are some ideas:
- Participate in the apple teacher program, to complete badges which will help you become more proficient with your iPads and some of the Apple Apps in one or more of the following: iPad, Pages for iPad, Productivity with iPad, and Creativity with iPad. Website is appleteacher.apple.com. 1 Badge = 1 hour PD credit
- Earn digital badges that relate to your T-TESS goal from the district's badges website http://badges.pisd.edu/. Please negotiate credit hours with Bryan, but typically 1 badge = 15 - 30 minutes.
- Join a PISD Goal Group that directly ties to your T-TESS goal: https://www.smore.com/bh4sf-goal-group?ref=email. Amount of PD credit is determined based on how much you participate. Most goal group participants will receive 1.5 hours of PD credit.
- Register for an Elementary Special Education class at https://www.smore.com/apwrx. Most classes are equal to 1.5 hours of Professional Learning Credit.