Building Strong Foundations in PK-3
NEWS & INFORMATION
JUST PUBLISHED: 2022 Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines
The 2022 Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines are published on the TEA-Early Childhood Education webpage Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines | Texas Education Agency. Implementation of the guidelines begin August 2023 (2023-2024 School Year).
The published documents include:
- PK3 and PK4 Comprehensive Guide - Full version of the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines with PK3 and PK4 outcomes
- PK3 Streamlined - Comprehensive guide with PK3 outcomes only
- PK4 Streamlined - Comprehensive guide with PK4 outcomes only
Join our workshop on February 7th to get an overview of the NEW GUIDELINES!
Your Voice Matters! TEA is Offering Opportunities to Join Focus Groups!
A MESSAGE FROM TEA:
Would you like to join a instructional materials focus group to collaborate, suggest improvements and make an impact on one or more of the TEA’s instructional materials offerings?
The Texas Education Agency provides school districts and educators with direct access to an optional set of high-quality instructional materials (HQIM) designed especially for Texas students. We are seeking educator feedback as we work to continuously improve these materials. Focus groups typically meet for 60-75 minutes each month, and the feedback they produce helps inform future editions of TEA’s instructional materials. We are currently recruiting for the following:
- Carnegie Texas Math Solution (6-12)
- Math Products (K-5)
- Amplify English Language Proficiency (K-5),
- Amplify Spanish Skills (K-2)
- Odell English Language Arts & Reading (9-12)
- Social Studies (K-5) and in Development Product (Pre-K)
- Please stay tuned for future opportunities in other subjects and grade bands.
To fill out a short interest form, please click here. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming in January: Commissioner's List of Recommended Phonics Programs
- House Bill 3, issued by the 86th Texas Legislature in 2019, directs all Texas school districts to provide phonics curriculum that uses systematic, direct instruction in kindergarten through third grade to ensure all students obtain necessary early-literacy skills.
- To support districts in meeting this requirement, TEA is developing a Texas Commissioner’s List of Recommended Phonics Programs in English and Spanish that will be released in January 2023.
- Click Here for Details From TEA!
SUPPORT FOR KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS!
TEA has created a KINDERGARTEN ASSESSMENT SUPPORT INITIATIVE to help teachers with TX-KEA and mCLASS Tx. The KAS website is updated with the latest session information for both vendors of the Commissioner-approved Kindergarten Literacy Screener Assessments. You will find information about the virtual training session topics, as well as registration instructions, on each vendor’s training page. Many sessions are now live and ready for registration!
STAAR Redesign & Updates (Repeat Session of November 3rd)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A REPEAT SESSION FROM NOVEMBER 3RD.
Turning K-2 Reading Data into Action!
February 2, 2023
During this workshop, K-2 Reading Teachers will:
- Analyze MOY reading data (TX-KEA, mClass, TPRI, etc.)
- Interpret MOY reading data
- Create and/or reevaluate small groups
- Plan for small group instruction
- Plan for reading and writing stations
- Register Here!
Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum in K-2 Math, Science, Social Studies
February 23, 2023
During this workshop, K-2 Teachers will:
- Learn ways to support STAAR Redesign in K-2
- Learn easy to implement strategies to add more reading and writing to math, science, & social studies.
- Plan ways to implement ideas into upcoming unit
- Register Here
Hands-On Math & Reading in K-2: Make the Tricky Sticky
April 4, 2023
During this Workshop, K-2 Teachers will:
- Learn hands-on strategies for teaching reading & spelling, including: Phoneme Grapheme Mapping (PGM), Heart Words, Alphabet Arcs, and other ideas for Stations
- Learn how to incorporate math manipulatives including: Rekenreks, Beaded Number Lines, Ten Frames, and other ideas for Stations
- Plan ways to implement the new ideas into upcoming reading, spelling, and math units
- Register Here
Check Out These Pre-K Workshops!
Pre-K Teachers, Join our Pre-K PLCs!
On-Demand Professional Development: Asynchronous Opportunities!
K-5 Teachers...Ready to Grow Your Students?
Do you want to GROW future ready and STAAR ready readers, writers, and mathematicians? Then this series is for you!
In this series of on-demand videos, teachers will learn strategies and activities to develop their students into proficient readers, writers, and mathematicians. Each video episode will include links to resources that can be implemented right away.
This series is great for individual learning or for Professional Learning Communities (PLCs). The on-demand videos are each between 20-30 minutes in length.
With each episode, teachers will receive:
- 20-30 minutes of recorded PD
- Links to resources for activities & strategies
- Discussion/Reflection questions for individuals or PLCs
Download the Flyer Below & Register!