Students with last names A-F.
This is Ms. Guzman's 7th year at Madison. In addition to counseling, she co-facilitates Madison's Native Club. Ms. Guzman is a graduate of Lewis & Clark College (Masters) and Portland State University (Bachelors).
To schedule a virtual or phone appointment visit calendly.com/mguzman1
This is Ms. Hale's 10th year at Madison. Ms. Hale also facilitates the ECMC Scholars Program. Ms. Hale is a graduate of Lewis & Clark College, both undergraduate and graduate programs.
To schedule a virtual or phone appointment visit calendly.com/counselorhale
This is Mr. Marquez's 6th year at Madison. He also co-facilitates the La Raza Unida student group. He is a graduate of Lewis & Clark College (Masters) and Portland State University (Bachelors).
To schedule a virtual or phone appointment visit calendly.com/counselor-marquez
Paying for College Night
Wednesday, September 16
Register here for Zoom Webinar
Miercoles 30 de septiembre
Student Health Center
Call for an appointment 8:45 am - 4:45 pm
1034 SE 130th Ave.
12003 NE Shaver St.
6941 N Central St.
Portland Evening Scholars
Scholarship Opportunities & Resources
Find links under Scholarships tab on Madcollegeandcareer.com
- Gates Scholarship - Due Sept. 15
- Beat the Odds - Due Sept. 15
- QuestBridge - College Match Due Sept. 29
- Skanner Foundation Scholarship - Oct. 15
- Horatio Alger Scholarship - Oct. 25
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Qualify for free/reduced lunch or Pell Grant
National Suicide Prevention Month
How to Help: Take your loved one seriously. If your child, friend, or family member confides thoughts of suicide, believe them and get help. Listen with empathy and provide support. Minimizing what your child or friend is going through can increase his or her sense of hopelessness. Don't keep suicide a secret: If your child knows someone is considering suicide, they can't promise to keep it a secret. They should offer to help, but they need to involve other people, like a trusted adult. No one should have to face this alone.
Know the Risk Factors:
- Mental health disorders
- Alcohol or substance use disorders
- Impulsive/aggressive tendancies
- History of trauma/abuse
- Major illness
- Previous suicide attempts
- Family history of suicide
- Job or financial loss
- Loss of relationship(s)
- Easy access to lethal means
- Local clusters of suicide
- Lack of social support or sense of isolation
- Stigma associated with asking for help
- Lack of mental health care/treatment
- Exposure to others who have died by suicide (real life or via media or internet)