Art City Eagles
October 4, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
Stand Strong Day is this Friday. Once per month we have Stand Strong Day. This is a day where we celebrate students who are using Stand Strong in a positive way. We have a fun assembly and recognize a lot of students. Everyone can dress up in a way that they Stand Strong physically. Most popular are specific sports attire, dance shirts or in an Art City school shirt. We hope all students and staff will participate and celebrate Stand Strong.
Halloween is coming up! We love celebrating Halloween at school. This year we will celebrate on Friday, Oct. 29. Students may dress up, but Halloween masks are not permitted at school. We will have a school parade beginning at 2:00. We will not parade through the gym, but we will parade outside. If you would like to see all the cute costumes, please be out back around 2:00. We will come out the doors by the 4th grade room, and walk south around the building, across the front and back inside.
COVID information is below in this newsletter. If you haven't read through this information lately, please take a moment to do so.
PE this week: Mrs A. will be doing parachute fitness and activities. Mrs. Murray will be starting 1st-2nd with kicking, trapping, rolling & bowling with soccer balls and play ground balls. 3rd-5th will be starting flag football.
Music this week: K-6th "Theme and Variations' Boomwhackers "Are You Sleeping Halloween/A Spooky Scary Spider"
Computers this week: 1-2 grades continue using Teach Your Monster to Read. 3rd graders will learn email basics. 4th graders will learn to use all the tools on Google Docs, and will begin writing a story. 5th graders will continue to work on the stories for their movies. Once a basic outline is finished, they will begin storyboarding using one of two programs: Canva or Storyboard That.
Library this week: All grades will be preparing for book fair week! We will see some book previews from Scholastic and enjoy reading some of the titles that will be coming to book fair! We will also have some book talks on some of the chapter books that will be available at the fair and in our library. Everyone gets excited for book fair!
See picture below for the Reflections Theme for this year. Deadline is October 13. Scan the QR code or go to www.pta.org for rules and information. You can also email Paulette Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA General meeting
Oct. 6th @10 at Art City
The book fair will be open for students during their lunch time and after school. For students to enter the book fair they must have money with them. They will also be open to parents 30 minutes before the end of the school day. This will allow you to shop for gifts without your child present.
Monday, October 18th 11:25-12:25 and 1:45-2:45
Tuesday, October 19th 11:25-12:25 and 2:30 to 3:30
Wednesday, October 20th 11:25-12:25 and 2:30 to 3:30
Thursday, October 21st 11:25-12:25 and 2:30 - 7:00 pm.
Oct. 5: Emergency Drill
Oct. 5: Student Council to attend conference at BYU
Oct. 6: PTA Meeting 10:00 at Art City
Oct. 8: Stand Strong Day
Oct. 13: 4th Grade field trip to This Is The Place
Oct. 13: Reflections Due
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 18-21: Book Fair
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated - Parade at 2:00. Parents gather in back field.
November: Celebrating Gratitude Month
Nov. 3: PTA Arts Night at Springville Museum of Art - Free - More info coming
Nov. 4: Emergency Drill
Nov. 10: Art City to present at School Board Meeting
Nov. 17: BYU Basketball Day - Grades 1-5 attending BYU Women's Basketball game
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center