Principal's Corner #17
January 10, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- To Tiffany Steinmetz and Melissa Adler for taking your time on Friday afternoon before break to help me make sure a kid was safe and taken care of - you both are amazing and always willing to help others!
From Megan Schultz
- To Glenda Cole, Alison Berner, Allison Leggieri, Matthew Pedregon and Amy Bainbridge for their Courageous Conversation on Wednesday. I appreciate you looking through the lens of CRE and our district's strategic priorities, while being vulnerable.
From Katie Johnson
CONGRATULATIONS COTTONWOOD CREEK COUGARS
CCSD Educator of the Year
Please CLICK HERE to complete this brief form before the end of the day Monday, January 9th.
Moving forward, please include student names in the written description.
Literacy from Lois
Books in the Collaboration Room
The books in the collaboration room are now completely organized! The shelves are labeled to align with IRLA color bands, and the individual bins are labeled with book titles. There are books ranging from 1R to one basket of gold level books.
The books that were purged from the shelves will be removed from the COT library inventory. Once this happens, the books will be placed in the lounge (on a library cart). Feel free to peruse the books and grab any that you would like to add to your classroom libraries. Any leftover books will be recycled.
The district IRLA training for January will be for long term subs or any newly hired teachers that have not yet been trained in IRLA. If you need further details about the training, please let me know and I will pass that information along.
A Fun Freebie
I am linking a fun 2020 Reading Log if you are interested. There are two versions, one with challenges and one without. I had one made into a poster size and it looks really great! It would be fun to hang in your classroom and record all the books you read together as a class.
Or, you could provide one to each of your students as a fun way for them to record their reading. Enjoy!
Monthly Collaboration Teams
January 16: 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
January 23: 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
January 30: K (AM), 5th (PM)
February 13: 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
February 20: 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
February 27: K (AM), 5th (PM)
April 2: 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
April 9: 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
April 16: K (AM), 5th (PM)
Spring PTO Auction will be here before we know it! Use the form below to request 'Buy It Now" items during the auction.
- Tuesday, January 14: Para-Educator Meeting @ 9:15
- Tuesday, January 14: Katie Out ADCO
- Wednesday, January 15: Choir Concert @ 1:45, PM Assembly Schedule
- Wednesday, January 15: Staff Meeting
- Thursday, January 16: Guiding Coalition (Collaboration Room)
- Thursday, January 16: Accountability @ 5:15 (Innovation Space)
- Thursday, January 16: Choir Concert @ 6:30
- Friday, January 17: Katie and Alison Out EPC
- Monday, January 20: No School, MLK Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 21: Katie Out
- Wednesday, January 22: PAC Meeting (Collaboration Room)
- Wednesday, January 29: Staff Meeting