Cold War- We Didn't Start The Fire
Events Directed to Cold War
2. Moonshot- During 1962, the U.S. and Russia were in a "competition" with who could top the other one. First it was the one making the atomic bomb, then the other made one. Then it was the h-bomb, finally it was who every could get to the moon first. In 1969, NASA completed there amazing goal.
3. Cuban Missile Crisis- The Cuban Missile Crisis was when the Soviet Union sent missiles into Cuba. The United States when they found out they were already were scared because of the Red Scare so that added to it. The U.S. and the USSR were very standoff about it and were waiting for one another to make a move, this could have led to WWIII
4. Bay of Pigs- In 196, The U.S. sent in troops to spy on Cuba. Things did not go well for the United State.We ran out of ammunition very quickly. They sunk our boats and or paratroops landed in different areas or in swamps. Most of our men were captured and taken to prison
People in Cold War
2. Truman- President Truman came up with the Truman Doctrine which states that the U.S. would help out other countries trying to fight against communism. He also made the decision to shoot the atomic bomb at Japan.
3. McCarthy- President McCarthy comes up with the loyalty laws which make the government go around and question people to see if their communists. He also promoted the Red Scare.
4. Kennedy- When Kennedy became president he confronted Cuba, Vietnam, and other places about the Cold War tensions. Kennedy sent troops to spy on Cuba when the Soviet Union moved their missiles into Cuba. This was a fail on Kennedy because we were spotted and destroyed.