Blue Hills Regional Technical School
This newsletter is intended to connect our parents, staff and community to Blue Hills Regional Technical School District with a focus on student achievements in academics and Career Technical Education (CTE) including extracurricular activities and sports. Blue Hills Regional Technical School District is a great place to grow and learn.
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day--No School
- January 24: Term 2 Ends
- January 31: Report Cards
- February 4: School Committee Meeting at 7:00 PM in W-218.
Blue Hills Adult Basic Education Gets Major Grant From Dedham Savings
On January 9th, the ABE program was awarded an $11,750.00 grant from Dedham Savings Community Foundation. The money will be used for a new sign on the building, new shades for classrooms and offices and document readers for the classrooms. We are sincerely thankful to the Dedham Savings for its support and generosity.
Mr. Eric C. Erskine, of Braintree stood in for School Committee Chairman, Thomas R. Polito, Jr. of Dedham. Also, present were Mr. Ingalls, Dedham Savings Senior Vice President, Senior Marketing Officer Liz Bissell, Dedham Savings Marketing Technology Specialist Hugh O'Connell, ABE Director Susan Haberstroh, ABE Site Coordinator, Tammy MacDonald and Judy Bass, Blue Hills Publicist.
For more information about the ABE program, please visit www.bluehills.org and go to the Adult Basic Education under the Community tab on the home page.
Photo by Judy Bass
New Club: The Homework Advantage Club--Learning After-school is Fun!
Freshmen: Final Vocational Placement
- January 13-17--Freshmen Write Reflection Essay in ELA on their Exploratory experience
- January 21-24--Students complete final Exploratory week and review their folders
- January 23--Placements begin to be finalized
- February 3--Career Technical Programs will be added to the student's schedule via X
If you have any questions, please refer to the Guidance email that was sent home on Monday, January 13th or call your guidance counselor.