Week of September 24th, 2018
- Homecoming - this coming Wednesday! - Email Crickett if you're able to help. If you are participating, feel free to wear jeans and a Wilson shirt on Wednesday.
- New Copier - The district will be shifting over to our new copiers this week. See the email from Taylor Bristow sent Friday afternoon for details.
- After School Clubs - If you haven't already, please review the list below of kids with allergies/medical concerns. Indicate if any participate in a club you host afternoon. Please complete by this coming Wednesday.
- Vertical Teams & Campus Committees - Please review the list linked below as a reminder for your Vertical Team you signed up for. Also, please make sure you are plugged in to at least one of our campus committees (also on that same doc). I'm sorry I didn't have you sign up for committees earlier in the year! #BetterLateThanNever
- RtI Letter - Please see below for info on an RtI Letter that must be send by October 1st for learners in Tier 2, Tier 3, or Dyslexia.
- Lockdown Debrief - 2 important reminders from our Lockdown Drill this past Friday - 1) Make sure your door is locked! You may need to remove the magnet for it to fully close and lock. 2) Do not send any learners into the hall until an announcement is made that the drill is fully complete.
FYI - If you have tried to log-in to your STEMscopes account and haven't been able to access it, know that the renewal is being processed. Thanks for your patience.
Please be sure you are signed up for a Vertical Team and for at least one campus committee.
RtI Updates & Info
Parent Notification for RtI - By October 1st, please send home the letter linked below (similar to last year) for any learner in Tier 2, Tier 3, or receiving Dyslexia Services. Want to double-check your RtI records? Click HERE
Please click below to access your team's agenda, and note anything you may need to prepare/bring.
A big thanks to our Content Specialists for leading this work!
Meetings will be held in the Content Specialist's room unless indicated otherwise.
BOY Goal-Setting Conference
Prior to your conference, please make sure your 2 goals (1 team goal aligned with our focus on Economically Disadvantaged instructional strategies and 1 individual goal) are uploaded into STRIVE. Prior to uploading, you may need to "Complete" any goals from last year.
Tips for your goal-setting:
- The more aligned your goal is with the T-TESS rubric, the better!
- Your action steps should be clearly defined and include dates for completion.
- It's okay to go back and update your goal based on feedback from our conference.
Global Read Aloud - Jordan & Jaime
- Who: All 3-5 Wilson Students
- What: Come Join Ms. Parker and Mrs. Muse read aloud one of the 2018 Global Read Aloud Books, A Boy Called Bat and work on a STEM challenge EACH week!!!
- When: Every Thursday morning from 7:10-7:40 starting October 4th through November 8th
- Where: Wilson Library
- Why: Enjoy an awesome BOOK, be CREATIVE while working on a STEM Challenge, and CONNECT with other learners
P.S. - A LIGHT breakfast will be served
Week At A Glance
- College Day
- Specials Team Time
- Book Fair Begins
- K/1 GT Screening Opens
- School Board Meeting
- StuCo Workshop
- 3rd Grade Team Time
- Book Fair Donuts w/ Dads - 7:00am
- 4th Grade Team Time
- BOY Goal-Setting Conferences
- Vertical Team Meetings - 3:30
- Homecoming Parade - Feel free to wear jeans and a Wilson shirt if you're participating!
- Book Fair Muffins w/ Mom - 7:00am
- 5th Grade Team Time
- BOY Goal-Setting Conferences
- Rise & Shine
- Book Fair Closes