SDSL's Cornerstone Newsletter
South Dakota State Library's e-newsletter
February 23, 2023
South Dakota Titles To Go Jargon Simplified
From the desk of Kim Bonen, Electronic Resources Coordinator...
Have you ever wondered what’s the difference between South Dakota Titles To Go, Overdrive, and Libby? Can they be used interchangeably? The goal of this article is to shed some light on common lingo you may hear in relation to the South Dakota Titles To Go eBook Consortium.
- South Dakota Titles to Go (SDTTG) is an eBook consortium, provided by the vendor OverDrive and facilitated by the State Library.
- Overdrive is a company that provides digital content (like eBooks and audiobooks) to library patrons and students. They are the vendor for the South Dakota Titles To eBook Consortium.
- Libby is Overdrive’s reading app where you can borrow eBooks and digital audiobooks from participating libraries. In early 2023, the OverDrive app will be discontinued. Make the switch to Libby, the newer reading app.
- Sora is Overdrive’s app for schools. In Sora, students can complete assigned reading or borrow eBooks and audiobooks for fun.
- Public Library CONNECT enables students on Sora to browse and borrow titles from their local public library’s digital collection.
- Overdrive Marketplace is where SDTTG participants purchase digital titles for the consortium and/or their individual library’s collections.
- User Login Manager (formerly Library Card Manager) may be where you add or delete patrons if your library is not automated.
- An Advantage Account allows you to buy books for just your library to use.
- Advantage Plus is a sharing program that gives libraries that have Overdrive Advantage the option to share some of their books with the consortium.
- Each participating public library pays a single annual fee based on their population service area (from the most recent ILMS data.). This is called a Pricing Tier.
- The SDTTG Collection Development Committee (often referred to as “Purchasing Committee”) consists of a representative from each tier who take turns making monthly purchases for the entire consortium.
Interested in learning more about the consortium? Please feel free to contact me at:
Electronic Resources Coordinator
605-295-3174 | 800 Governors Drive, Pierre | library.sd.gov
SDSL: South Dakota Titles To Go
Provides participating public library patrons the ability to download audiobooks and ebooks
The South Dakota State Library provides leadership for innovation and excellence in libraries and services to state government.
The SDSL does not endorse any service or product listed in this newsletter.