Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
9/28/15 - 10/2/15
**Check the lost and found**
With the weather being chilly in the morning, and many children wearing jackets, please label all garments. Keep an eye on lost and found if you are missing things.
What Are We Up To?
- Writing - Adding various craft to our writing - using different techniques to make our writing more interesting to the reader.
- ELA - Cause and Effect
- Math - Odd and Even
This week we are introducing numbers that are odd and even. Students are expected to know if the sum or difference of two digits will be odd or even.
Odd and Even Shoot Game: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/earlymath/Fruit_shoot_odd_even.htm
MATH IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling: 2nd Grade Math - A.6
- On Grade Level: 2nd Grade Math - A.7, A.8, A.9
- Challenge: 2nd Grade Math - A.10
- Science - Solids and Liquids
- Candy for our treasure box (no nuts please!)
- Baggies (sandwich size)
- September 25 - Box Top Collection
- October 6 - Shomars Spirit Night
- October 7 - Walk to School Day (see details below)
- October 12 - Teacher Workday - No School for Students
- October 14 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- October 21 - Picture Day
Scholastic Book Orders
Book Orders can be placed at any time throughout the year and shipping is free.
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (bottom of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
Happy Reading :)
Safe Routes to School - Walk to School Day
South Carolina had the highest participation rate in the country last year with International Walk to School Day! We had more than 150 schools participating across the Upstate. For more information please see the newsletter below.
School Policy Reminders
- Meal Payment Procedure: Students in elementary and middle schools will be allowed to charge up to $10. When the student's balance reaches the threshold of $10, the student will be served an alternate meal. The alternate meal will consist of a sandwich, fruit (1/2 cup), and milk. The complete charge policy is included below.
School Lunch Charge Policy
- In an effort to prevent the spread of illnesses in school, Rock Hill School District follows DHEC guidelines. Please remember that children have to be fever free (without the use of Tylenol or Motrin) for 24 hours before returning to school. A fever is defined as a temperature greater than 100.4. Also, children must for free of vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school. Thank you for your help in keeping all of the students at India Hook healthy.
- All transportation changes must be made via note or email. Please be sure to put your child's first and last name, your name, the date, your child's grade level and teacher's name when writing the note/email. All of this information is required when we send the note/email to the office. Please understand we are not allowed to make transportation changes via phone…this is a safety precaution.
- Absences: Please be conscious of how much school your child misses and remember that due to state law your child is only allowed 10 absences per year, 5 of which can be parent excused.
- All school districts in S. C. are now obligated to put their county's Sex Offender's Registry on the district's website. One can now go to the "Parent" link on our website and then open "Sex Offender's Registry" in the left menu. Rock Hill, as of today, has 233 people listed as sex offenders. http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/parents.aspx
2nd/3rd Grade Musical
Thursday, Dec. 3rd, 7pm
1825 Eden Terrace
Rock Hill, SC
On Thursday, December 3 at 7:00PM in the Sullivan Middle School Auditorium, our 2nd and 3rd graders will present the Christmas musical, Arf! On the Housetop.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Email - LCopeland@rhmail.org
Voicemail - (803) 985-4042