Middle School News - February 26th
5th, 6th and 7th graders going to Harrison Park - Meeting March 5th 9:15am Code:Roletto
Message from Ms. Roletto
Did you know?
Almost every morning your middle school team meets with me to continue improving instruction and climate for our students
- Monday: We meet to collaborate as departments
- Wednesday: We meet to talk over various activities that need to be planned as a middle school.
- Thursdays: We check in on students who receive academic interventions and collaborate on strategies.
- Fridays: We check in about which students are engaged and attending class and which need more encouragement. We also check in with various community based organizations who are working with smaller groups of middle school students.
What is happening: Lots
- Student led auction last night was a HUGE success! The students raised over $3000 for the Black Resiliency Fund with almost 90 people in attendance
- Wrapping up Math and Reading testing next week. I will send out emails to primarily 7th and 8th grade families and students for opportunities to finish with Ms. Roletto
REAP Leaders Virtual Auction to Benefit the Black Resiliency Fund
Middle School and HS Transition Plans
- March 5th at 9:15am - AVID Information meeting for current 6th and 7th graders - Info will be emailed to families next week as well as reminders.
- Ms. Roletto will be working with the Harrison Park team to communicate and activities or meetings that may scheduled in the spring.
Kellogg Middle School:
- Most families who have petitioned to attend Kellogg have heard back. If you have not, please let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Roletto will be helping to plan transition activities throughout the spring and will get information to you once we have a timeline to share.
- We know that high schools are deep in creating the master schedule for the school. We hope to hear what next steps are for families, but my guess would be mid spring.
MS "Lunch Hangout Times"
Opportunities to connect w/ others and counselor:
Ms. Howard office hours: CODE: howardoffice - Fridays 9:40-10:20
6th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 6lunch - Mondays 12:30 - 1pm
7th/8th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 78lunch - Tues 12:30 - 1pm
Student Council – CODE: bridgerstudentcouncil – Fri 1:10–1:55pm
QSA Group – Email Ms. Howard for code - Fridays 2-2:30pm
Ms. Howard can be reached at 971-378-0470 or email@example.com
COUNSELOR WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/pps.net/bridger-k-8-counseling/home
Student Emails and Google Calendar
- Mr. Roletto will be sending information about activities throughout the year
- Teachers will confirm appointments with students
It's a skill they will need to have when they get to high school and expected to use.
Also it will be important for students to use their email because we WANT to text students, but we aren't able to use REMIND messaging directly with students as some parents have asked because their is an age requirement that most of our students don't meet.
Organization tip for students - WATCH
Video link: Ms. Roletto's organization tip