JULY 2021 UPDATE
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DR. TINA CHEKAN
Propel Schools Families,
We hope you are having a healthy, safe and productive summer break!
Our teams are excited to welcome scholars back to our buildings in August! Great things are actively being planned for our upcoming 2021-2022 school year! Our Recovery And Revitalization Plan (RRP) will be in place to support high expectations and increased achievement for all scholars!
Please note the following important information regarding the upcoming school year:
- All Propel Schools will follow a 5-day per week, in-person learning schedule for all scholars. We know that scholars experience maximum learning and growth when they engage with in-person, in-school instruction.
- 100% Remote Learning Protocol or Hybrid Learning Protocol will not be offered as a choice for families in the upcoming school year. This protocol will only be utilized in cases of weather-related or other emergency conditions, including guidance received from the Governor of Pennsylvania, The Pennsylvania Department of Health or the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE.) if these conditions should ever occur, you will receive notification from us regarding specific details and processes.
- We will continue to follow all health and safety protocols, outlined in our Health and Safety plan. We will update our plan as new information emerges.
- Propel Schools Health And Safety Plan has been updated for the 2021-2022 school year and can be found HERE. If you have comments related to the plan, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday, July 23, 2021.
- Although Propel Schools will not require COVID-19 vaccination for members of our school communities, we actively encourage school community members to check with their healthcare providers about COVID-19 vaccinations. All Pennsylvanians ages 12 and older are eligible for the vaccine. Free vaccines are available from a variety of community resources, including UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. More information from UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh about the COVID-19 vaccine for children can be found HERE.
You will soon be receiving a Connect 5 email from your Propel School that will contain: a letter from your school's principal, links to download forms to take to medical appointments, and a link to our online ScriptApp "Emergency Contact Form" required to be submitted for each scholar. This communication will also include a brief synopsis of our dress code, for your reference, as you prepare for the new school year.
We thank you for your continued support and for choosing Propel Schools! We are #PropelProud to be YOUR partner in education!
Dr. Tina Chekan