Summit Lakes Weekly Bulletin
November 12th, 2023
- Wrestling Meet: 4:00pm @ Ray-Pec South MS
- Main Event Field Trip - 6th grade: All day
- Wrestling Meet: 4:00pm @ Grain Valley MS
- Main Event Field Trip - 7th & 8th grade: All day
- UCM Cinderella Field Trip: All day
- 7th Grade Fall Instrumental Concert: 6:00pm
- 8th Grade Fall Instrumental Concert: 7:30pm
- Fall Dance: 7th grade - 7:00pm - 8:30 pm; 8th grade - 7:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wrestling Meet: 8:00am @ Delta Woods MS
- Wrestling Meet: 4:00pm @ Belton MS
- NO SCHOOL
- THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL
- NO SCHOOL
Fall Dance - 7th & 8th Grade
Clubs/Activities- All Grades
- Archery: Monday 11/13 & Wednesday 11/15 7:00PM - 9:00PM - More information found here http://www.lswarchery.com/
- Art Club: Tuesday 11/14 - 3:30PM. Permission slip required to attend - Pick up in the Art Room.
- Black Student Union (BSU): Tuesday 11/14 - 3:30PM - 4:30PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQY2PxtnBOxv1CxJDG6KxBDtVD_l0YGc/view?usp=sharing - Meeting dates posted in Schoology Group
- Book Club: Monday 12/4 - 7:30 AM - Join the group Schoology using code 27H6-H9SQ-2KJ48
- Chess Club: Tuesday 11/14 - 7:30AM - No permission slip or application required.
- Coding Club: Wednesday 12/6 - 7:35AM - Join the schoology group - 7F69-R7RR-H8MTG
- Cyberpatriots: Thursday 12/7 - 3:15 - 5:00PM
- Embroidery Club: Tuesday 11/14 - 7:30AM https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BswPxLE_KV_0oNHFeCbFS_ijof1PBbBWkM7_GtaGSSQ/edit
- Falconbots - Monday 11/13 & Wednesday 11/14 - 3:30 PM
- Falcon Jazz Band: More information coming soon.
- Falcon Smart: Thursday 11/16 - 7:40AM - Always accepting new members! Forms can be picked up from the Falcon Smart bulletin board or Mrs. Bennett's classroom 622
- First Priority (formerly Club 121): Thursday 11/16 - 7:45AM - No permission slip or application required.
- GSA: Monday 11/13 - 7:35AM - Always accepting new members.
- LSTA: Thursday 11/16 - 7:30AM - Meeting is in room 610 (Mr. Conniff's room). Students must be members and have received an email from Mr. Conniff to attend.
- Peer Mentors: Thursday 11/16, 7:35AM (no longer accepting applications)
- Step Club: Tuesday - 11/14 - 7:30AM - 8:00AM, Room 814; Join schoology group K4QG-CXJZ-C9N7Q for more information.
- Student Council: Wednesday 11/15 - 7:30AM
- Yearbook: Tuesday 11/14 - 7:35AM
Veterans Day Donation Drive at SLMS
In honor of Veterans Day, SLMS teachers and students would like to show gratitude for local veterans and their service to this country and help those in need. We are collecting donations for the Veterans Community Project (a local KC organization that helps homeless veterans get back on their feet).
Here is what we are collecting: Gift cards to Walmart, Target, Quik Trip, Aldi, or Dollar Tree; non-perishable food items; personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, etc).
You can drop off donations to the front office or to any Social Studies teacher. Our collection runs through Friday. Thank you for considering!
Here is a 4-minute video that talks about the Veterans Community Project:
If you love trivia, consider yourself an expert in geography, history, pop culture, or current events, or just love the thrill of competition, Scholar Bowl may be the place for you. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader may try-out. You only need to attend 1 day of the try-out.
Try-outs: Monday, Nov. 27th
Wednesday, Nov. 29th
3:20 - 5:00 Room 612
Email Mrs. Lamb (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you plan to try-out and she will send you a form to sign up for a particular day.
End of Day Transportation
- If you need to communicate a transportation change with a student, we ask that you notify the main office prior to 3:00pm. This allows us time to reach your student with the message, as students begin dismissing at 3:13pm.
- It is difficult to check students out between 3:00pm-3:15pm, as many activities occur during SOAR at the end of the day, and students are often moving between locations in the building. In order to ensure that you are not waiting, or late to appointments - please pick up your student prior to 3:00pm if you need to leave before 3:15pm.
- If you need a one-day bus pass for your student to ride home with a friend on a different bus - we need written permission from both families prior to 1:30pm the day of in order to arrange this with transportation. Written permission can be emailed to email@example.com.
We appreciate all your help and understanding in helping to ensure that all of our Falcons have a safe and timely dismissal.
A Note From The Cafeteria
Lunch and Breakfast and NOT FREE.
- If you choose to bring a home lunch and choose to get something in the cafeteria those items will be charged at the register, for example sides (ie..fries, cookies, bread, fruit) those can all be purchased individually.
- If you are purchasing a meal in the cafeteria some items are considered part of the meal. If you purchase a meal and exceed the 3 side limit those items will be charged individually as well.
- Any Questions please contact the cafeteria office 816-986-1400