Awareness With Substance Abuse
Substance Abuse: Depressants
Substance Abuse Depressants: Dependence on Alcohol and Drugs
Possible Causes of Substance Abuse
- Peer Pressure
- Money issues
- Relationship issues
Treatment: There is Always a Way to correct the Path you are on!
- AA meetings for Alcoholics
- Some drugs may be prescribed depending on the addiction
- Preventon Programs
- Biological and Psychosocial Treatments
Centers for Help with Substance Abuse
- Long term residential treatment facilities
- Short terms residential treatment facilities
- Alcohol Anonymous
- Individualized Drug Counseling
- Group Counseling
These are Only a few to name! It is Never to Late to save yourself from addiction!
Common Myths about Substance Abuse
- "Myth #1: "Addiction is a disease there is nothing you can do about it"
- Myth # 2: "If you have a high alcohol Tolerance you don't have a drinking problem"
- Myth # 3: "Drug Addiction is a Choice."
- Myth # 4: "Addicts are Bad People."
Association of Intervention Specialists. (2012). Five Consistent Myths about Drug Abuse and Addiction. Retrieved from: http://www.associationofinterventionspecialists.org/five-consistent-myths-about-drug-abuse-and-addiction/
AIS(Association of Intervention Specialists). (2012). Five Consistent Myths About Drug Abuse and Addiction. Retrieved from: http://www.associationofinterventionspecialists.org/five-consistent-myths-about-drug-abuse-and-addiction/
DARA(2008-2016). Reasons for Substance Abuse. Retrieved from:
National Institute on Drug Abuse (2012). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide. Types of Treatment Programs. Retrieved from: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
Nolen-Hoeksema, S. (2014). Abnormal Psychology: Sixth Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.