Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
November 6th, 2020
Teacher Feature - Mrs. "B" (Bozzo)
WHY I TEACH
Let's Keep Everyone Healthy and Our School Open
1. Screen your child for symptoms each morning before sending them to school.
2. Keep your child home for at least 3 days if they are not feeling well - sick children should not be at school regardless of the cause of the illness.
3. Keep the lines of communication with the school open - we all want what is best for your child and working together we can accomplish that!
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH
This month we’re talking about Gratitude! The dictionary defines it as: “the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.” The definition we are using in class is:
Gratitude: choosing to notice and appreciate things in our life, things in others, and things in the world.
We want to make sure we share with students that Gratitude is
1) a choice that we get to make over and over again on where we put our focus and
2) doesn’t always have to be about something positive.
We can feel grateful even for tough or challenging things in our life! There is plenty of research that shows a strong connection between Gratitude and reduced anxiety, increased happiness, and better relationships. Over the course of the month, we will talk about amazing people who demonstrate Gratitude in various ways. We will talk about what we are grateful for in ourselves and in others. And we will even find Gratitude in some things we wouldn’t expect to be thankful for!