Mrs. Lamparter's Class
November 22, 2013
We spent the week preparing for Thanksgiving and studying about life long ago. We all agreed that life long ago was very hard. Our Thanksgiving skit and feast was a huge success! Thank you to all of our parents who donated food, helped set up and clean up, and we hope you enjoyed our performance!!
- Building sight words- W.O.W. Study- our new words this week are: have, go, not, then, look
- Recognizing upper and lowercase letters, knowing letter sounds, and recognizing color words
- Working on recognizing rhyming words
- Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- Features of Non-fiction text
- Writing a "small moments" story and creating our own books- students are illustrating and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- Working in guided reading groups- please have your child read the book to you and return it the next day
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100
- Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- Writing numbers and counting sets to 10
- 1-1 correspondence
- Comparing sets- more, less, same
- Exploring our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- Using graphs to compare data
- Working on problem solving skills
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Send in a LONG-SLEEVED WHITE T-SHIRT OR SWEATSHIRT so we can paint reindeer shirts. All shirts must be in by Friday, December 6th so our parent volunteers will have time to help us paint!
- Scholastic Book orders are due on November 26th. The online activation code is: GQY3T
- Planet Green Team will be selling Smencils for $1.00 in the cafeteria on Thursday, December 5th and Friday, December 6th
- Mark your calendars for our Kindergarten Holiday Program on Thursday, December 19th at 9:00 a.m.
- No school the week of November 25th- 29th! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!