Real-time formative assessment made simple!
What are plickers?
If you have been teaching for a while, you have probably seen a classroom set of clickers somewhere on your travels. These student response systems were all the rage for a while. They looked like TV remote controls and were designed as a way that students could respond to a quiz or oral question by pressing a button to indicate the answer that they chose. Each clicker was unique to that student so that the teacher could see who answered what and when.
Fast forward a few years and today you can experience the future of classroom clickers – a free tool called Plickers. Now, if you are imagining a high-tech handset with an HD touchscreen, WiFi and a built-in camera, you would be wrong. Plickers uses paper. Yes, paper! Oh, and your students don’t need any electronic devices to take part in your assessment.
- 4 multiple-choice answers
- Up to 40 responses recorded individually
- Online tracking/reporting tools coming soon
- Immediate aggregate graphs and individual results
- Order laminated cards or print your own
- Lose or destroy a card? Just print a new one!
Plicker Cards Details
- Notice the number at the top right: 5--that is the number of the Plicker.
- There are 40 plickers in a batch.
- Notice the A at the top.
- Notice the B at the right side.
- Notice the C at the bottom.
- Notice the D at the left.
How does it work?
- Ask the question.
- Student choose A, B, C, or D.
- Student's show you their Plicker with the proper choice at the top. They rotate the Plicker depending on which choice they are making.
- Scan the class with your iDevice.
- Answers are received in a grid on your device.