ROTORUA GROUP TOUR
Thermal delights & Maori culture
Wonderful Maori Culture & Thermal Activity
On leaving the port we travel along our beautiful waterfront & beach, giving information about Tauranga & Mt Maunganui. We then proceed to Te Puke, the kiwifruit capital, stopping at Kiwifruit Country, where the kiwifruit industry is explained, from planting through to the beautiful edible fruit - followed by a tasting of kiwifruit products
As we approach Rotorua, background information is given on the city.
Clients travel along the lakefront, through the Government Gardens, stopping at the Rotorua Museum, the Historic Bath-house, to explain the background of this fine old building.
We stop in Rotorua's CBD for you to have lunch (at your own cost) at Eat Street which has a multiplicity of different cuisines from which to choose.
After proceeding to Te Puia, the Maori Cultural Centre, clients are given a personalised tour of the old pa site, through the thermal grounds (of boiling mud, geysers etc.) & shown the wood-carving school, flax-weaving & the kiwi bird. This is followed by a Maori Welcome onto the marae, before entering a meeting house for a performance by a Maori concert party.
Owing to sailing times, it is normally the time to head back to Tauranga, via Pyes Pa Rd, which provides an opportunity to view different scenery on the return trip.
We travel through the Tauranga CBD & over the harbour bridge and return to ship-side.
While travelling, your driver/guide for the tour will give a commentary explaining points of interest.
Owing to venue availability, the tour may run in reverse order.
COST: 18-seater vehicle $3150.00
36-seater vehicle $5120.00
( Cost includes pick-up at port, driver, French interpreter; Te Puia costs)
- We aim to give a personal experience and to avoid the anonymity often felt on large coach tours
- Although we have some set tours, we can customise a tour to ensure that you see and do exactly what you want
- We are 100% New Zealand-owned and operated. Our professional driver/tour guides have an extensive knowledge of the areas covered, which ensures that their information is both interesting and informative. Their proficiency in the English language, combined with clear enunciation, ensures commentary quality.
- We can pick you up from/return you to local accommodation, your cruise-ship at the Port of Tauranga, or further afield, if required.
- Lyn & Paul Marston have owned and operated Tauranga Tasting Tours & Charters for over twelve years, and aim to give you an experience you won't forget - for the right reasons!.