NECCS Kindergarten News
In Reading...we are practicing all the ways we have learned to be avid readers! Encourage scholars to practice their reading each day for 15-20 minutes.
In Phonics... we are using vowels and their sounds to help us read new words!
New Snap Word(s): he, boy, cat
Snap Words to review: a, me, the, I, like, my, at, look, see, here, is, this, an, house, mom, park
Work with scholars on being able to read these words quickly!
Snap words are not meant to be sounded out...students need to know them on sight!
In writing...we are creating how to books! Encourage scholars to tell you how they do their daily activities like making their bed or brushing their teeth!
We will be composing and decomposing numbers up to 10.
Be sure to practice a little each day!
The month of March is Women's History Month.
To celebrate Kindergarten will learn about women that have made and changed history!
We learned so much in February about Black History. Our wax museum was a huge success!
Videos to Watch With Scholars!
Websites to Check Out!
Important Dates To Know!
March 15- March 19: Literacy Week
March 17: No School for Students (Staff Development Day)
March 31: Early Dismissal
Reminders & Announcements!
- Please remember that it is so important to read with your scholar as often as possible at home! Our recommendation is at least 20 minutes per night :)
- School starts at 9:00 every morning, and your scholars greatly benefit when they are on time!
- Scholars are to go to all whole group and their small group sessions every day!
- Be sure to check ClassDojo & Google Classroom as often as possible for updated information!
- Remember to follow the schedule...
Our Kindergarten Schedule
9:00 - 9:20
9:25 - 9:55
10:00 - 10:30
Day A - Whole Group ELA
Day B - Whole Group Math
10:35 - 11:05
Day A - Small Group ELA
Day B - Small Group Math
11:10 - 11:40
Sci / SS/ Writing
1:10 - 1:40
Day A- Whole Group Math
Day B - Whole Group ELA
1:45 - 2:15
Day A - Small Group Math
Day B - Small Group ELA
2:20 - 2:50
2:55 - 3:10
Ms. Bailey - email@example.com
Mrs. Acquah-Amissah - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. De LaCruz - email@example.com