How to Roast
Roasting is a great cooking method
Definition of roasting:
The action of cooking something in an oven or over an open fire.
Recipe for italian style pot roast
3 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- In large bowl combine tomatoes, pizza sauce, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 2 hours, turning meat each half hour.
- Remove meat from pan, and cool slightly. Skim fat from pan juices. Measure juices, and add enough water to make 6 cups liquid. Return liquid to Dutch oven. Blend cornstarch and 3 tablespoons cold water; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain. Return meat to pot, and add mushrooms. Simmer for 30 minutes longer.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain. To serve, place meat slices over hot noodles, and pour some sauce over. Pass remaining sauce.