Jaguar Tracks for Families
January 12, 2021
Happy 2021!! I hope all our Eaton families had a safe winter break. We're excited to see students again. It's hard to believe that we are putting 2020 behind us and headed into 2021!!
Review the COVID-19 protocols on our website as a reminder of what to expect.
Remember: in-person learners will need a mask and water bottle daily.
Joshua Eaton Reminders:
- Doors open @ 8:10
- Morning Work @ 8:10 -8:25
- School starts @ 8:25
- The dismissal bell rings @ 2:45
- Car tags must be hung on car visor or placed on the dash of the car to pick up car riders
- Send a note with your student if changing transportation home
- Students receive a free lunch every day
COVID TESTING and Mitigation Measures
We appreciate all of our parents and students continuing to follow the procedures to stay safe during this time. Please make sure your Jaguar wears a clean, new mask daily. If they forget their mask, we have them available. Students need to continue to bring a water bottle to school for the bottle filler stations.
If you need to drop off something off at JE, outside the regular supply dropoff times, please call the mainline, 781-942-9161, and someone will assist you.
Our teachers and custodial staff are doing everything possible to keep your Jaguar safe.
Joshua Eaton Lunch Menu
Happy New Year!
We are looking forward to some of the new and different opportunities our students will be engaging in, courtesy of the wonderful community contributions to our PTO. Thank you so much for your generosity! Even if traditional field trips do not happen this year, our students will be provided with enriching virtual experiences and we are grateful for the efforts of our hard-working Grade Level Coordinators and Enrichment Chairs.
Update on Direct Donation Drive
We appreciate all who have generously donated to the PTO this school year. The JE PTO has long prided itself on being one of few schools that provides enrichment for our students 100%. In order to continue this effort, we rely on your continued help and contributions.
So far in our drive, we have received $5,000 in direct donations. Unfortunately, this is well below the number we were hoping to reach and, without more donations, our PTO will be unable to provide the support we have presented to our staff and students. The virtual opportunities for our students in lieu of field trips are not discounted very much - if at all.
Please consider donating to our PTO. We are able to accept donations via Venmo, Paypal, and traditional check. Any and all amounts are greatly appreciated!
Paper copies of the Direct Donation Forms are being sent home.
PTO Meetings: We Want to Hear From You!
We enjoy serving our school community and highly encourage anyone curious about upcoming events, treasury reports or even wanting to know how to become involved, to join us in our PTO meetings. And feel free anytime to reach out to me with questions, concerns or just to drop a friendly letter: email@example.com. Wishing all of you a prosperous, healthy and happy 2021!
-Amber Hunt, PTO President
Grade 5 YEARBOOK!!!
Hello 5th Grade Families!
Time to get going on the Yearbook! We are in the final stages of deciding the best way to receive and organize all of the pictures so in the meantime, please locate any photos taken on school grounds from kindergarten through this year and we will be in touch shortly on how to submit.
Please contact Rachel Hitch or Julie Ross at JEYEARBOOK2021@gmail.com with questions.
Joshua Eaton News
Student Absences - IMPORTANT
There are two ways to do that prior to 7:45 am of the morning the student is absent:
1. Call 781-942-9161, Dial 1 - leave a message
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Access for In-Person Students Who Are Absent From School
Below are the remote criteria that will be used when students who are in person during a particular week are absent from school.
Students will have live remote access under the following conditions:
- He/she is quarantined due to testing positive for COVID-19.
- He/she is quarantined due to being in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- He/she is being quarantined for being out of state and is waiting for a negative COVID test per DPH guidelines.
- He/she is showing symptoms of COVID-19 and is awaiting test results.
- He/she has another medical condition that prevents them from coming to school.
Students will not have live remote access under the following situations:
- He/she is absent for any reason other than described above.
- He/she is quarantining for 10-14 days because of out of state travel as defined by the MDPH Travel Order and is not getting a COVID-test.
- He/she is going on a family vacation or other non-school activity during school days.
Please note that there may be extenuating circumstances in a school that would require a different action than above. These decisions are at the discretion of the building principal.
Remote Learning Reminders
- Designating a home workspace that is free from distractions;
- Participating in daily virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Dressing appropriately when participating in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing their faces on the screen when engaging in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing proof of participation in daily virtual instruction by satisfactorily completing assignments to demonstrate evidence of student learning ie. video, picture, or activities submitted as lessons and/or completing assignments; and
- Communicating with the teacher when there is a need for additional assistance, tutoring, etc.
JE School Supply Pick-Up - Next Pick-up January 14th
From the Desk of Mrs. Trevejo, School Nurse
To our JE community –
Flu Requirement Extension
Happy New Year!
The MDPH Immunization Division had set the deadline of December 31, 2020, for students to receive a flu vaccination unless they have obtained a medical or religious exemption. The deadline has been extended through February 28, 2021. Currently, JE is at 85% compliance with this requirement. If you have not scheduled a flu shot for your child, there is still time to do so. If you are having difficulty scheduling an appointment for a vaccine through your pediatrician’s office, please reach out to me and I will be happy to help you.
Reminder: All documentation can be emailed directly to email@example.com or faxed to 781-942-9053.
Note: There is no vaccination exemption form. As provided on the Commonwealth of Massachusetts School Immunizations web page, medical exemptions come from the student’s doctor and document a contraindication — the reason why an individual cannot medically receive the vaccine. Religious exemptions come from the parent/guardian, and state in writing that a vaccine conflicts with his/her sincerely held religious beliefs.
Please reach out if you have any concerns,
PE Weekly challenge with Ms. Cucinotta
Student Council News
Student Council is sponsoring our annual Spirit Week! The week of 1/25-1/29. Feel free to take photos and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to be posted on the Joshua Eaton Facebook page!
January 25th -January 29th
Monday- Pajama Day (remote students may have stuffed animals)
Tuesday- Fun Accessory Day
Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday
Thursday- TV/ Movie Character Day
Friday- Show your Joshua Eaton School Pride
Superintendent Virtual Office Hours
- Now that we have begun the school year, we will be restarting the Superintendent Virtual Office Hours. Office hours will be scheduled in 20 minutes blocks of time on Microsoft Teams. If you would like to schedule an office hour, please complete this link.
School Committee Meeting this Thursday
RPS Food Distribution
Office of Student Services
Special Education Support
If you have any questions about your student’s IEP or services please reach out to our building Team Chairperson, Shana Goldwyn at Shana.Goldwyn@reading.k12.ma.us
Office of Student Services Office Hours
As this year comes to a close, we wanted to thank you for all that you do. This has been a challenging year for all and we couldn't have done it without the support you've provided to your students and the school. As Russel Johnson, the Director of Special Ed for DESE always says, 'We are only stronger when we work together'. We are all looking forward to a new year!
Prior to leaving for vacation, we wanted to let you know of our Office Hours for January. We have enjoyed meeting with families during this time and encourage you to sign up if you have any questions or concerns for us. Please use the link below to select a time to meet with us. Prior to your scheduled time, a ZOOM link will be sent to you via email. Please be sure to include your email address when you sign up.
Office Hours for January
Thursday 1/7 @9-10 am
Tuesday 1/12 @ 12-1pm
Wednesday 1/20 @ 3-4 pm
Monday 1/25 @ 10-11 am
Link to the Doodle Poll to sign up for Office Hours:
We hope that you all have a restful and enjoyable break! Happy Holidays!
Jen and Allison
Family Support Resources
Please be reminded of these amazing resources, if your family is in need:
- RPS Behavioral Health Resources linked here.
- Town of Reading: compiled resources linked here.
- RCASA and Mental Health Support linked here.
- St. Vincent de Paul linked here.
- Free & Reduced lunch access: sign up here.
- Reading Food Pantry linked here.
- Project Bread link here.
- Residential Financial Assistance (Rent/Mortgage) link here. (New resource! Check it out!)