The 266th pope of the Roman Catholic Church in March 2013
What Makes a Pope?
- As a teenager, Bergoglio (Pope Francis) underwent a surgery to remove a lung do to serious infection.
- "I prefer a church which is bruised and dirty because it has been on the streets, rather than a church which is unhealthly from being confined and from clinging to its own security" says Pope Francis. This quote demonstrates that the Pope doesn't fear away from imperfections and embraces the imperfections of the Catholic Church. As a leader of the Catholic Church his perspective is key to being a good leader.
- Throughout Pope Francis's life he learned one must lead with humility. He believes that humility is one of the most powerful leadership qualities.
- The Pope also that as a leader one must avoid insularity. He has always made it clear that he does not achieve everything one his own. The Pope, like most of us, does not achieve much without the help of others.
- Pope Francis is definitley not perfect, but he demonstrates not only to his followers but also to others that one does not need to be perfect if they show humility, immerse yourself in what you're leading, and be sure to communicate with your followers.