September 17th, 2021
Monroe Eagles and Families,
Happy Friday as we complete our first full week of the 2021/2022 school year. It was a busy one but we are beginning to find our rhythm after more than eighteen months of online and hybrid learning. As you know, our first five days were dedicated to getting to know one another, building relationships, and establishing procedures. Our first-ever MOEtown Week was fun, fulfilling, and full of school spirit.
As we enter mid-September, we transition to a period of fall assessments. While important from a learning/data standpoint, these assessments are purposefully low-stress as we ask our Eagles simply to "give their best effort." Data gathered from these assessments (including iReady) will help our teaching team better plan, design, and prepare for student learning.
Below are a number of updates for the week including our celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, upcoming dates to note, and other forthcoming opportunities.
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that Monroe Elementary marks the beginning of National Hispanic Heritage Month. Across the next month, our school will celebrate the unique and vital role that Latino and Latina Americans have played in shaping our county, state, and community. Together, we intend to celebrate the histories, cultures, and contributions of our students, colleagues, and families who trace their personal family history to South America, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain.
The Latino Community is a foundational part of our collective history and as we celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month, we look forward to sharing our stories and learning from one another. This will occur through our school-wide messages (morning announcements) and classroom opportunities. Together, we look forward to celebrating the gift of our collective diversity (as a school and community).
Thank you for your shared commitment to ensuring that our Eagles inherit a truly just, inclusive, and united world.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Monday, September 20th - Everett Public Schools: Let’s Connect Family and Community Engagement Meeting (see below for additional information)
- Wednesday, September 29th - School Picture Day
- Thursday, October 7th - Monroe PTA Meeting (times/format TBD)
- Thursday, October 7th - Monroe Fall Curriculum Night (6:30pm and 7:00pm)
- Friday, October 15th - No School (Teacher Work Day)
- Friday, October 22nd - PTA's Great Pumpkin Night Event (times/format TBD)
- Friday, October 29th - Early Release Day (12:20pm dismissal)
- November 1st through November 5th - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, November 11th - No School (Veterans Day Observed)
- November 24th through November 26th - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Given that it has been a full eighteen months since our school functioned at full capacity, we are pleased with the progression of our arrival (drop-off) and dismissal (pick-up) procedures. Typically, it will take several weeks for these procedures to reach optimal efficiency and, as a school, we will continue to seek areas of potential improvement. That noted, we are thankful to our families for your support and cooperation.
Below are a few related notes for your consideration:
- With the addition of our Kindergarten Eagles this week, our PM dismissal (pick-up) map has been updated. Kindergarten students are generally dropped-off and picked-up from our front "Eagles Nest" area by either vehicle or directly by a parent/guardian.
- Please continue to turn right as you exit our Monroe parking lot. This helps avoid a back-up of exiting traffic and keeps our pick-up line moving in an efficient manner.
- Please continue to contact our Monroe Office with any PM transportation changes. This will allow us to verify any needed change and ensure clear communication with your child's teacher and all other Monroe team members involved in our afternoon dismissal process.
Thank you again for your patience, support, and cooperation. Please know that we sincerely appreciate your partnership in keeping our Eagles safe.
COVID Reminder Letter
Let’s Connect Family and Community Engagement Meeting
You are invited to connect with district leaders and engage in conversation about the launch of the new school year and provide feedback to help us improve. We want to hear from you and hope you can attend a Zoom meeting to share your thoughts. Registration is required to receive the link for the Zoom meeting.
When: Monday, September 20, 2021 – 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Topic: New year launch: After the first two weeks of school we would like to check in on how it is going.
- What went well for the start of school?
- What areas need improvement?
- Are there any extra supports your child needs to make this year successful?
Please click on the link below to register. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Online Membership for Monroe PTA
School Pictures on September 29th
Please note that our school picture date is scheduled for Wednesday, September 29th. Families can purchase these pictures through our partner, Dorian Pictures, via their website or return the envelope you receive home (including payment) on September 29th (our school picture date). Additional information from Dorian is available via the below, attached document.
Thank you for taking your time to read our MOE News update. We wish you a wonderful weekend and continue health. Thank you again for the honor to serving you, your child, and your family as part of our Monroe Community.
Please take care, stay safe/healthy, and be well.
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School
Fax 425-385-7302 Fax
Missed an Update?
Below are links to previous Monroe Summer & Back-to-School Updates: