A Note From Ms. Hill
Dear Starr Families:
October is an exciting month at Starr Elementary. Our first eLearning day will take place on Monday, October 7th. Students will NOT report to school on this day. Our staff does encourage families to bring their students with them to parent/teacher conferences. Take a look at the parent eLearning links below for more information.
Starr's Harvest of Great Reads will take place on Thursday, October 10th from 5:00-6:30p.m. at Starr Elementary. All are welcome to enjoy an evening of free books, prizes, animal encounters, literacy games, and dinner. The Book Fair will also be available in the library. Starr Staff encourages family involvement. Please help us support our Starr Coyotes by attending this great event. #starrshines
Dates to Remember:
- October 2nd- Custodian Appreciation Day (Thank you Mr. Jack and Mr. Madden!)
- October 7th- eLearning Day/Parent-Teacher Conferences (11:00a.m.-7:00p.m.)
- October 7-11th- Book Fair
- October 10th- Harvest of Great Reads (5:00-6:30p.m.)
- October 11th- Kindergarten Field Trip
- October 14-18th- Fall Break (No School)
- October 21-25th- Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- October 21st- PTO Meeting (3:00p.m.)
- October 22nd- Picture Retake Day
- October 25th- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- October 29-30th- Mobile Dentist
Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter to see our students shining bright!
Starr's Mission: Preparing students for their future, not our past.
Motto: Starr treasures academics, respect, and responsibility!
Ms. Mallory Hill
Starr Elementary School
Harvest of Great Reads
Word of the Month
Good Behavior Party
The following classes celebrated with a Popsicle Party on September 30th. These classes earned the highest percentage of positive points on ClassDojo for their grade level. Way to go!
- Kindergarten: Ms. Kuhn
- First Grade: Mrs. Ross
- Second Grade: Mrs. Makovic
- Third Grade: Mr. Allen
- Fourth Grade: Ms. Miller
October's winners will earn extra recess!