A Note From Ms. Hill
Dear Starr Families:
October was an exciting month at Starr Elementary! Thank you to everyone for supporting our Fall Literacy Night, Harvest of Great Reads! It was a great night filled with literacy activities.
A huge THANK YOU goes to all the Starr Families for selling lots of chocolate bars. Starr PTO raised funds to help support future incentives for students.
November is another busy month for our Starr Coyotes. This month we have National Kindness Day, American Education Week, and our family Thanksgiving meal. I would like to personally invite everyone to join our Starr Family for Thanksgiving at Firehouse BBQ & Blues. To help us prepare for this event, please be sure to return your invitation. Invitations have been sent home in student folders. If you don't have an invitation, please call us at 765-973-3426 to RSVP by Friday, November 15th. #starrshines
Dates to Remember:
- November 1- More Than Words Presentation
- November 4- Good Behavior Celebration (Parachute Party)
- November 4- Saddle Club @3-5:00p.m. (Brighter Paths)
- November 8- Report Cards Go Home With Students
- November 11- PTO @3:00p.m. (Starr Library)
- November 13- National Kindness Day
- November 13- Aerial Starrs @2:40-3:45p.m.
- November 18-22- Red Wagon Week & American Education Week (See Schedule Below)
- November 18- Spell Bowl Competition @5:00p.m. (Civic Hall)
- November 19- Girls Scout Introduction (K & 1) @5:00p.m. (Starr Cafe)
- November 25- NWEA Testing Begins
- November 27-29- NO SCHOOL
- November 28- Thanksgiving at Firehouse BBQ & Blues
Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter to see our students shining bright!
Starr's Mission: Preparing students for their future, not our past.
Motto: Starr treasures academics, respect, and responsibility!
Ms. Mallory Hill
Starr Elementary School
Harvest of Great Reads
World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser
Red Ribbon Week
The following classes celebrated with a Extra Recess on November 1st. These classes earned the highest percentage of positive points on ClassDojo for their grade level. Way to go!
- Kindergarten: Ms. Duncan
- First Grade: Mrs. Ross
- Second Grade: Mrs. Makovic
- Third Grade: Ms. Bertsch
- Fourth Grade: Ms. Miller