Band Buzz: April 9, 2023
Falcon Band and Color Guard
From the Directors:
It’s UIL week! Schedules for each band are below. We hope that you can join us for our UIL Concert and Sight-reading Contest on Friday and/or Saturday. Admission is free to the public, so please come out and support these young musicians!
Friday April 14
7:15 am Arrive at CLHS in full uniform, proceed to the stage
7:30 Warm up on stage
9:00 Change; proceed to 3rd period (meeting in cafeteria)
Saturday April 15
8:00 am Arrive at CLHS in full uniform, proceed to the stage
8:30 Warm up on stage
Saturday April 15
1:30 PM Arrive at CLHS in full uniform
2:00 Warm up in orchestra room
Texas Music Scholar Award
The Texas Music Scholar Award designates students in high school music programs who exemplify attributes of meritorious performance in the areas of scholarship, musicianship, and citizenship.
Designation is attained by TMEA Active Member recommendation of students in grades 9-12 who have met the following criteria during the current school year:
· Is a viable member of the school’s parent musical organization for the entire school year.
· Maintains in all cumulative coursework an overall “A” average as defined by the local school district for the current school year.
· Maintains academic eligibility for the entire school year.
· Participates in all scheduled events of the parent organization.
· Participates virtually or as a live audience member, two director-approved concert events of high school, collegiate or professional level during a school year.
· Has auditioned, been selected, and participated as required in a TMEA or ATSSB organization (band, orchestra, or choir).
· Performs a UIL Prescribed Music List Class 1 solo for a competition or public performance.
· Consistently exhibits behavior which brings honor to the parent organization, school and community.
These criteria may be met through participation singularly or in any combination of band, orchestra, or vocal organizations. The distinction may be achieved each school year.
The school year is defined as the beginning of the year through the next-to-the-last official grade reporting period of the local school district for the purposes of calculating grade averages and determining eligibility.
Texas Music Scholars receive a certificate and patch from the Texas Music Educators Association signed by the Executive Director. You will receive a press release for your use.
Please note that this is an award, not a scholarship or other offer of money.
Any students wishing to apply for the Texas Music Scholar Award need to fill out the information on the form linked below by APRIL 14, 2023.
Color Guard Update
If you would like to contribute to the Band Buzz, please contact the appropriate committee or board member. They can send fully edited information to the following e-mail address: VP@clhsband.org . The deadline for submissions is midnight each Wednesday night.
(2nd VP Communications)