Charles A. Upson
Dear Parents/Legal Guardians:
As we wrap up the school year, I want to thank each one of you for your continued support during this year of ebb and flow. Your communication, commitment and assistance is appreciated.
Below I have included some brief information about several events for the month of June. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s classroom teacher or me.
If your child did not purchase a yearbook, there MAY be a VERY limited number of yearbooks available for purchase in the upcoming weeks. This is on a first come-first serve basis. Cost is $10.00 cash. Please call the Main Office at 478-4402 to reserve your copy.
We will be recognizing our 4th grade students as they will be “moving up” to 5th grade at Emmet Belknap Intermediate School in September. Classroom teachers will be sharing a video link with families.
Report cards will be available via the Parent Portal on June 25 after 8AM. Your child’s grade and teacher for next year will not be listed on these report cards as plans for September are still being reviewed.
Students should keep their iPads for summer use and bring them to school upon our return in the fall. Fourth graders will continue the use of iPads at Emmet Belknap Intermediate School.
If your child was invited to the Extended Summer Learning Program, please remember this begins on Tuesday, June 29 and runs through Thursday, August 5 from 9AM-12PM.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any additional questions or concerns.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
- 1 Career Week: “Your Future Starts Now" Wear Your CU Gear or Blue & Gold; Courtyard Clean-Up Week
- 2 Career Week: Virtual Presentations for 4th Grade students; Virtual Kindness Club; Virtual STEAM Club
- 3 Career Week: “Your Future is Bright" Wear Bright Colors & Sunglasses
- 4 Career Week: “Dress Up as the Profession You Want to Be”
- 7 Olympic Week: “Wear Blue”
- 8 NYS Science Written Assessment for Grade 4 Students; Olympic Week “Wear Green”
- 9 Incoming K Screening at CU By Appointment; 7PM BOE Meeting
- 10 NYS Science Written Assessment for Grade 4 Students; Olympic Week “Wear Yellow”
- 11 Picnic Lunch & Watermelon Day
- 14 Flag Day “Wear Red, White and Blue”
- 15 Lemonade Day “Wear Yellow”
- 16 Incoming K Screening at CU By Appointment
- 17 Animal Day
- 18 NO SCHOOL – Juneteenth Observance
- 20 Father’s Day
- 21 Early Release 11:50AM for Report Card Marking; Popcorn Day “Wear White”
- 22 Last Full Day of School; 4th Grade MUD in Classrooms; “PTA Ice Cream”
- 23 Early Release 11:50AM; 12-2PM Incoming K iPad Pick-Up
- 24 Early Release 11:50AM; Freezie Pop Day “Wear Bright Colors”
- 25 Early Release 11:50AM/Last Day of School; Report Cards Available on the Parent Portal; Hello Summer “Wear Sunglasses & Hats”