I cannot believe that school has started back and that we have already entered into the month of September! Where did the summer go? I apologize for getting this to you all a little later than usual, but August simply flew by. :)
The August meeting began with fellowship while enjoying delightful and healthy treats provided by co-hostesses Patty Cardin and Margaret Stewart. Twenty-two sisters received an overview of our projects from Regina Regan, our Projects Chair, and included discussion of the requirements, amounts awarded, and various other facts that are good to know when considering applicants and nominees.
- Correspondence read included: (Claren Hill)
- State Membership Committee updates and initiatives, including news about the newly created GSC Unaffiliate Coordinator, filled by Katie Henry, Chapter Z
- An unaffilitate list has been provided to our chapter for review - if you haven't had the chance to look at it to help identify sisters on the list, please check with Amy Clines or Ulla Booth. We'd love any feedback or updates you can share!
- Our invitation for membership was accepted and an initiation date will be determined soon.
- Yearbook & Programs: (Barbara Brandenburgh)
- The next meeting is Tuesday, September 13th at the Pastoral Institute. Marjorie Harlan is serving as hostess and Nancy Sills and Laura Ann Mann are serving as co-hostesses. More information about parking will be emailed to everyone prior to the meeting.
- STAR: Peery's niece was nominated as our STAR scholarship applicant and will attend our September meeting (pre-meeting social) so that we can get to know her - she sounds amazing!!!
- ELF: Chances Waite, our most recent ELF applicant, was approved for the $20,000 loan to help fund her doctoral degree! Yay!
- PROBE: The Columbus and LaGrange Probe fairs are on different dates this year. September 27th is the fair in Columbus and October 3 is the fair at LaGrange. Volunteers are still needed for these two events, so if you are able and interested, please contact Molly Copley.
- Social: (Bernice Bias)
- The next social gathering for August was announced and a sign up sheet was distributed. It took place on August 16th and was at Creme de la Creme.
- Initiation Committee: (Shirley Groneman)
- Our new robes and garment bags were unveiled!
- Kaitlin Hunt's emblem was presented. Kaitlin moved to her new home for the next year (Texas) at the end of August, but promises to keep in touch - we'll miss you Kaitlin, but look forward to supporting you through facebook, email, and texts/calls. Good luck this semester!
- I (Amy) officially became a doctoral candidate in the Ed.D. SAL program at UGA in late July. Next step - submit prospectus and defend it.
Tuesday, Sep. 13th, 6pm
2022 15th Avenue
Marjorie Harlan (Hostess)
Nancy Sills & Laura Ann Mann (Co-Hostesses)
6:00pm Social - Meet and greet our STAR applicant!
6:30pm Program - Preparing your table for the holidays (David Benefield, Ann's Porch)
September Birthdays & Anniversaries
September 2 - Nancy Sills
September 5 - Shirley Groneman
September 8 - Becky George
September 9 - Pat Snipes
September 11 - Peery Moran
September 13 - Courtney Brooks
September 16 - Vicki Yoe
September 19 - Barbara Brandenburgh
September 25 - Regina Ragan
September 4 - Becky George (20 years)
September 5 - Courtney Brooks (4 years)
September 23 - Claren Hill (33 years)
Provided to you late - but certainly not forgotten!!! August Birthdays & Anniversaries
August 4 - Jacque Bloom
August 6 - Joyce Chittenden
August 19 - Elizabeth Smith
August 20 - Mary Reed
August 31 - Sandy Harris
August 2 - Nancy Sills (37 years)
August 6 - Amy Clines (5 years)
August 12 - Amanda Sills (2 years)