News You Can Use for October 7, 2022
From the Principal's Desk...
Dear Larson Families,
I know we are all surprised how fast September has flown by!
We have certainly had a fantastic month here…it’s been incredibly busy, but the progress the students have made in just a few short weeks has been astounding! By now, everyone is settling in well to their new classrooms, their new routines and getting down to the business of learning!
Now that October has arrived, we might see snow a day or two this month. Please remember that our students go outside year-round, and now is the time to bundle up appropriately for recess time. We are excited to have Brittany Perez join us as our newest recess monitor. We are also excited to welcome Kayla Peltier-McPhetridge and Cassandra Riggs as our new paraprofessionals. Welcome to our new staff members!
October is always a fun month at school…we’ll be diving into all things Fall as we gear up to the busy holiday season. This year we celebrate with our Fall Festival on October 21 from 5-7 pm. Always a great time, this year we are hoping to see even more families participating in the festival here at Larson Elementary.
If you haven’t already heard, the Larson XCountry Boys finished 1st in the elementary division at the XCountry district meet. Go Larson Eagles!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns – please let Ms. Kelly or myself know. We are always here to help.
We are looking forward to a great October!
GET READY FOR A SPOOKY GOOD TIME AT LARSON'S FALL FESTIVAL!
Friday, October 21st from 5-7pm families are invited to enjoy an indoor, warm Fall Festival! Get your costumes ready to sneak down our Trick or Treat Hall and bring your skills as we will have games available to play as well! The cost is $20 per family and the first 100 students registered will receive a ticket to visit the Pumpkin Patch!
Fall Festival Tickets will be available for purchase at the door on the night of the event and game tickets will be available for purchase also. To preregister, fill out the form below and turn it into your student’s teacher with payment. ALL MONEY RAISED at this event will go towards classroom grants.
Thank you for your support!
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST!
Parent teacher conferences are being held on Monday, October 31st. There will be NO SCHOOL for students. Conference invites will be sent home the week of October 17th. Our goal is for our teachers to communicate with 100% of our parents/guardians.
We are asking parents to check the Larson Lost and Found while they are here for conferences. Lost clothing items are piling up! Our main Lost and Found is in the front entrance. There is also a Recess Lost and Found located in the downstairs alcove by Room 101.
OCTOBER FRONTLINE MISSION FOOD DRIVE!
PICTURE RETAKES ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD!
FRUIT AND VEGGIE FRIDAY!
Every Friday afternoon for the remainder of the school year, a new fruit or vegetable will be delivered to classrooms. It is completely OPTIONAL for students to try. Some of the produce may be unfamiliar to students and teachers. The program goal is to provide a nutritious snack and encourage students to learn about new fruits and vegetables.
If you have any questions regarding the FFV Program or the process for Larson, please contact Nurse Ramilo.
Friday, September 30th was Kumquat day and they were delicious!
TITLE I INFORMATION
BUS CANCELLATIONS CONTINUE
Through aggressive recruitment efforts, Durham School Services is adding more bus drivers to their pool every week. With the additional drivers, we are planning to have ONLY ONE regular education bus route cancellation per week starting Monday, October 24, 2022. In November, we hope to have all routes running daily. We will keep you posted as we get more information from Durham in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and patience as 150 more cars drive through our drop off and pick up lines! As always, if your student is a usual bus rider, please pick up between 3:55pm - 4:15pm.
FALL COLORING CONTEST!
- October 10th: PLC Late Start Monday (doors open at 10:05am)
- October 10th: Math Club: 3:45pm - 5:15pm
- October 11th: Lego Club 8:15-9:00am
- October 11th: Battle of the Books 3:45-4:45pm
- October 12th : September Student of the Month Celebration
- October 13th: Battle of the Books 8:15am-9:00am
- October 14th: Quarter 1 Ends
- October 14th: 4th and 5th Grade Art Club 8am - 9am
- Oct 17th: PLC Late Start Monday (doors open at 10:05am)
- October 17th: Math Club 3:45-5:15pm
- October 18th: Chess Club 8:15am-9:00am
- October 18th: Battle of the Books 3:45-4:45pm
- October 19th: Lion's Club Vision Screening (Eagle's Nest)
- October 20th: Battle of the Books 8:15-9:00pm
- October 21st: 4th and 5th Grade Art Club 8am - 9am
- October 21st: Fall Festival 5-7 pm
- October 24th-28th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 24th: Math Club 3:45-5:15pm
- October 25th: Chess Club 8:15am - 9:00am
- October 25th: Battle of the Books 3:45-4:45pm
- October 27th: Battle of the Books 8:15-9:00am
- October 28th: 4th and 5th Grade Art Club 8am - 9am
- October 31st: Parent Conferences/NO SCHOOL
- November 11th: Professional Development Day -NO SCHOOL
Boy's and Girls Basketball is underway!
Boy's Basketball meets Tues/Thurs/Fri from 8:00am - 9:00am
Girl's Basketball meets Mon/Wed from 3:45 - 5:15pm
Choir is also underway!
Choir meets on Tues/Thurs from 8:15am - 9:00am