Categories of Drugs
Depressants, Stimulants, Hallucinogens
Depressants- Slow down the nervous system and brain activity.
- Impaired Motor Coordination
- Impaired Judgement
- Alcohol (21+)
- Benzodiazephine (Prescribed)
Central Nervous System Depressants Music Video
Stimulants- Increase activity in the brain.
- Bath Salts
- Feeling physically awake
- Feeling mentally awake
- Increased alertness
- Muscle tremors
- Loss of appetite
- Increased heart rate
Alarming Rise in Stimulant Overdoses for Teens and Moms - Online News
Hallucinogens- Drugs that cause hallucinations.
- Elevated heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Dilated pupils
- LSD causes about 5,000 emergency room visits each year.
- 45.2% of 12th graders have smoked marijuana in their lifetime.
- Ages 18-25, 52.2% of people have smokes marijuana.
- Marijuana (In some states)
1970's marijuana warning commercial - Funny videos 2014