Digital Reading Resources
Howe Public Schools https://soraapp.com/library/howeok
OverDrive and Sora
Today, we are excited to announce the new addition of Digital Reading Resources for Teachers, Students and their families! OverDrive is a digital library offering both ebooks and audiobooks for the web community, anytime, anywhere! Sora is the new user-friendly app that lets you access it through your laptop, phone or tablet. The Sora app was designed around the modern student reading experience.
The Sora app was designed around the modern student reading experience. It empowers students to discover and enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from their school, for both leisure and class-assigned reading.
Inspired by educator and student feedback, Sora was created to excite kids about reading and remove distractions to promote a focus on learning.
- Easy to use, one tap to get inside a book
- The largest catalog of ebooks and audiobooks…made even larger by access to your public library through Sora
- Teachers can assign titles and track individual student reading progress
- Exportable notes, highlights for collaborative learning
- Personalized with book recommendations and learning tools like dyslexic font, enlarged text, Read-Alongs and audiobooks
- Badges and achievements to engage students
- Same experience on all devices
- Direct support for readers provided by OverDrive