- Set design involves how the building, planning and conduction of set building.
- You need to think about props and color when designing sets.
- a set disigner must work closely with the director to bring the vision of the play to life.
- A set can make or break a play, and can suck a audience into the past or future.
- sets can be made out of all types of materials.
elements ans prinsiples
the five elements of design are
- space- the area inside the design
- shape- the two dimentinal area that the design occupies
- color- the varation of the pigmentation put onto the set to give it pop and flare.
- harmony- to have visual unity.
- balance- to be equalized in the design, symmetrical.
- must understand the mood that the play is going for
- moods are determined by shapes ans colors
- sometimes gobos or textures are necessary
- light is used to direct the attention of the ausence to a set or actor
- one must use different types of lights in a play.
- important to get the sound effects "in line" with the visual aspect of the movie
- used to point the viewers in the right direction in terms of plot
- can be computerized or made by random sounds from real life
- can effect the mood
- entire studios are dedicated to the production of these sounds
makeup & costumes
- makeup can tell you the age of the character
- The type of costume will indicate to what type of person they are and the part they will play in the story.
- bad costumes can confuse the audience ans not tell them who the "good guy" is
- costumes are not as durable as regular clothes
- there are many types of fabrics that are used in costume design