The Dolphin Echo
Families: Monday, March 15, 2021
Thank you so much to those of you who were able to come to our parent meeting on Thursday, March 11. I've included links to the slide deck and recording in case you missed it or if you would like to review it. I will include a lot of important information below on the transition to hybrid. If you have remaining questions, please do call the office--we're happy to help! (707-890-3935).
We'd love to add more yard duties--if you know of anyone looking for employment, the hours are 9:20-12:20. Here is the link to apply: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1359584
7 more school days until we start hybrid--can't wait to see kids back on campus!
Here are some other updates:
- The homeless camp behind the school has been completely relocated! All people are gone and the remaining trash has been removed.
- Rosters are being finalized, as is hiring of additional staff. Stable groups rosters (if you are a Monday/Tuesday group of a Thursday/Friday group) will be sent to you this week.
School will still be FIVE days a week. If you are hybrid--TWO days will be on-site, THREE through Zoom with additional work on Seesaw or Google Classroom.
Site Council Meeting: March 18
LINK to meeting: March 18 at 2:30
Call to order /Comenzar la reunión
Discuss extra Title 1 Monies and allocation to TutorWORKS/Discutir el dinero adicional del Título 1 y la asignación a TutorWORKS
Site verification / Verificación del sitio
Other Business & Opportunity for public input /Otros negocios y Comentarios públicos
Next Meeting is May 13, 2021/Siguiente junta es el 13 de mayo de 2021
School is still 5 days a week
Staggered drop-off and pick up
While it may seem slight, this little stagger will make a big difference for us (think of the ramp metering light when you get on the freeway--just a little separation can have a big effect)!
Drop Off/Pick Up location based off location of the classroom
- Students in green group will be dropped off and picked up at the gate in the BACK of the school on New York Drive.
- Students in the purple group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school through the kinder playground gate.
- Students in the blue group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school through the main entrance near the school office.
- Students in the red group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school at the far end of the parking lot (large gate between the MPR and portables).
- All students that ride the bus will be dropped off at the front of the school at the bus drop-off zone then they will follow their color group line to their classroom.
Colored pathways to ensure social distancing
Students will be assigned a color based on classroom location.
All sitting areas have been marked with six foot distances
All students will receive color-zone mask lanyards
No before school recess
Pack a reusable water bottle (no water fountains but sinks in classrooms for refill)
Helpful videos for you and your students
How to access the parent agreement form (English)
Food distribution during spring break
Elsie Allen 11 am to 5 pm
Martin Luther King, Jr. Park 1 pm to 230 pm
Monroe Elementary 11 am to 5 pm
Lincoln Elementary 11 am to 5 pm
Cook Middle/CCLA 11 am to 1 pm
*When we enter hybrid instructions, students will receive meal bundles.
Bundles include 7 days of lunch, 7 days of supper, and 5 days of breakfast for on-campus learners
Bundles include 7 days of lunch, 7 days of supper, and 7 days of breakfast for distance learners or younger children.
- All students who attend school on Wednesday will automatically be put into a school raffle and winners will be randomly chosen. Winners at each grade level will be announced on Fridays and students can come to pick out a toy of their choosing.
- All students with perfect attendance for a month will be put in a BIG raffle--again, winners are randomly chosen to receive a bigger prize. For March, we will be giving out filled Easter baskets. We will continue to do a big monthly prize each month going forward!
Resources for Parents
Starting April--parents can only be on campus on Wednesdays
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
This is a good time to remind students how to wear a mask as they will need to wear one at all times while on campus.
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
This link will take you to a flyer with numbers for crisis support, local mental health services, and other holtlines.
This link will provide you with the locations and times of all meal distributions.