A CLAS Banner & Blue Ribbon School
March 22, 2018
Updated or New in this issue:
Lady Colts Softball game:3/22 4:00 & 5:00 vs. Asbury
Colts Baseball game: 3/23 4:30 & 6:30 vs St. John Paul II
Spring Break begins 3/26
Kindergarten registration this week
Report cards will go home today! Return tomorrow, signed please.
UAH Reading Skills Programs
For more information call (800) 978-9596
Students should have brought a paper flyer about this program.
Central School Kindergarten Registration is March 19-23
- To begin kindergarten next fall, children must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018.
- Please bring the following to register your child:
- Photo ID of the custodial parent
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student’s up-to-date Immunization Card
- Proof of residence (mortgage or rental agreement or deed) AND current Huntsville Utilities bill in the name of the custodial parent(s) for the legal residence.
- Custody paperwork if applicable.
- If possible, bring the above items with you at the time of registration.
- PLEASE BRING THE UPCOMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENT WITH YOU TO REGISTER.
- If you know of neighbors or family members who will have kindergarteners next year, encourage them to register their children during the week of March 19-23.
Lady Colts Softball
( @ = away - vs. = home unless otherwise noted)
3/22 4:00 & 5:00 vs. Asbury
4/2 4:00 & 5:00 vs. New Hope
4/5 4:30 & 5:30 Lincoln County vs Central
Central Tournament April 6 & 7
vs Meridianville 4/6 7:00
vs Lindsay Lane 4/7 1:00
vs Buckhorn 4/7 7:00
4/10 4:00 & 5:00 @ Woodville
4/12 4:00 @ Brindlee Mountain
4/16 4:00 @ Lindsay Lane
4/17 4:00 & 5:30 vs. Sparkman
4/23 4:00 & 5:30 vs Lindsay Lane
Please be aware that lice is ever present in school buildings. Please take the time to check your child’s hair once a week and take care of anything that is found.
To prevent infestation try some of these suggestions.
· Keep boys hair short clean cut
· Keep girls hair pulled up and spray with hair spray.
· Instruct your children to: not share hairbrushes, hats, or hug on friends.
· Lice cannot jump they only crawl. They are quick and spread quickly.
Menu for Week of March 19
Juice & Milk
Juice & Milk
Juice & Milk
Ham, Egg, &
Juice & Milk
Juice & Milk
General Tso Chicken
Stir Fry Vegetables
Ice Cream Cup
Peas & Carrots
Black Eye Peas
Mac & Cheese
Stuffed Crust Pizza
Grab and Go
Monday and Friday – PB & J
Tuesday and Thursday – Salad
Wednesday – Yogurt Box
Lunchroom Policies and Prices
Please remember to prepay first thing in the morning. No checks are accepted at lunch.
New Check Writing Policy Effective February 1, 2005
Madison County Schools now uses Automated Check Recovery to recover returned checks. All returned items are subject to electronic redeposit without further notice. A $30 state authorized fee will be assessed on all returned checks and may be drafted from your account. Please make sure your current address and telephone number are on your check.
LUNCH AND BREAKFAST PRICES
Absence from School
Code of Alabama (1975) § 16-28-15
Every parent or custodian of any child required to attend school, shall, within three school days, explain the cause of any absence of the child. Failure to furnish explanation shall be admissible as evidence of the child being truant. A good cause or valid excuse explanation is outlined below:
1X – Personal Illness Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School Students – A maximum of eight (8) absences for the school year shall be coded as an excused absence when a valid excuse is provided by the parent or custodian.
Password : cestudent
Madison County Schools has a HOT-LINE NUMBER. To report suspicious activity in or related to our schools, call 256-713-0257. You will remain anonymous.
Student Code of Conduct
Guidelines that govern the students of Madison County Schools can be found in the Student Code of Conduct. At the beginning of the school year, each student should have received a copy. The Student Code of Conduct should be signed by the parents in grades K – 4 and by both student and parent(s) in grades 5 – 12. A copy can be found at www.madison.k12.al.us/departments/pupilservices/Documents/CodeofConduct2010.pdf
The Madison County School System:
Does not discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to programs or activities on the basis of race, religious preference, disability, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, non-English speaking ability, or homeless status. The Title IX and ADA Compliance Officer’s Contact Information: Mrs. Anna S. Watts, Coordinator of Pupil Services, 1275 F Jordan Rd., Building B, Huntsville, AL 35811; Telephone: 256-852-2557, ext. 1715; Fax #: 256-851-2127; Email address: email@example.com.
Click the link above to see the current announcements.
Central School Listserve
Do Not Reply to this Email.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, sen an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be A Champion and Read
Be a Champion and Read cards are due to Mrs. Markham by October 31.