Harris Weekly Update
Oct. 17 - 21
Mission 57: End Student Hunger Breakfast Event at Harris
This Week at Harris
PTSO Meeting, 3:30 (Harris Library)
Mission 57: End Student Hunger Event, 7:45 AM
Battle of the Books, 12:05 (Cafeteria Stage)
StuCo Restaurant Night Peter Piper Pizza
Parent Workshops at Harris!
Harris Run Club!
Upcoming Events at Harris
Red Ribbon Week Begins
Spirit Day - Sports Shirt Day
Parent Workshop Series, "Raising Emotionally Intelligent Children" 5:00 (Harris Library)
Spirit Day - Pajama Day
Site Council, 3:15 (Harris Library)
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (District)
Spirit Day - Hawaiian Day
Half Day @11:55 AM
Spirit Day - Tie-Dye / Peace Sign
Spirit Day - Wear Red
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!
How We Implement Title Funds at Harris
Math at Harris is FUN! We are so lucky to be a Title I school. We have not only one, but TWO Math Specialists at Harris! Tanya Dunlap and Lori Rogers love Math, and share that love with the students. Mrs. Dunlap pushes in and works with small groups in two classes of every grade level to help inspire young mathematicians. Mrs. Rogers pushes in and works with small groups in the third classroom in all grade levels. In addition to pushing into classrooms, Mrs. Rogers and Mrs. Dunlap model Math lessons and provide Math materials to make learning Math fun. At Harris, we do WhAtever it tAkes to build Math minds!